- Brookfield, CT
Great opportunity to work with an established, work-life balanced organization! If you want to be part of a team that works hard, takes pride in their work, and has a collaborative spirit, then please consider applying with us...we look forward to hearing from you...!
We welcome and look forward to your application.
Are you passionate about the auto industry? Looking for a great start to your career with an international, financially stable company? Are you able to safely follow detailed mechanical procedures, making observations, recording test data into spreadsheets and laboratory notebooks, and summarize data
into presentable form? Do you have general automotive knowledge for both gas and diesel applications...We would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions:
This position will support the preparation, documentation, and routine maintenance of fleet test vehicles as well as various ASTM tests. Duties include, but are not limited to: fleet and other test setups and tear-downs, obtaining fleet samples, making observations, tabulation, accurate documentation and reporting of test data in laboratory notebooks, spreadsheets, and written reports. Fabrication and assembly of custom test equipment used to evaluate automotive products. Assistance with the maintenance and/or repair of lab equipment as well
as building systems may be required. Job assignments are varied, thus high attention to detail, excellent written communication, diverse knowledge and flexibility are essential.
Required Skills (Qualifications)
Two-year mechanical (AAS) degree or equivalent, with 2 or more years of experience in a similar mechanical position is required.
- Clean drivers license
- Must be able to safely follow detailed mechanical procedures, making observations, recording test data into spreadsheets and laboratory notebooks, and summarizing data into presentable form.
- General automotive knowledge for both gas and diesel applications.
- Laboratory work experience including general safety practices and notebook record-keeping is a plus.
- Operational knowledge of shop equipment (lathe, mill, saws, drill presses, welders, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge in Photography, Computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Statistical analysis (greenbelt certification a plus).
- Ability to follow instructions, and work independently and within teams is required.
- Possess good organizational skills, have good written communication skills and the ability to safely work on multiple projects at the same time in a rapidly changing environment.
- Follow standards of safety and housekeeping and support initiatives to improve laboratory practices.
- Genuine experience/interest in the Automotive industry is a great asset
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Excellent benefits and other incentives provided.