General Laborer- Outside-Day Shift (M-F $16/hr + O/T)
- Stroudsburg, PA 18360, USA
At Techo-Bloc, we aren’t just paving patios – we’re paving the way for great careers! Founded on a culture of innovation, we manufacture landscaping products focused on design, durability and flair. Our growing team is seeking passionate people, ready to make an impact.
Why Work for Us?
We love to brag. Techo-Bloc offers its valued associates a competitive salary, paid time off and a comprehensive benefits package. Here are a few of our perks:
- Medical Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Discount on Products
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Complete uniform provided after 3 months.
- Training & Development
Our people are the best part of the job.
The Pen Argyl team is an industrious group, who thrive together when challenged. Passionate about their craft, these folks take pride in the Artscape of their work and the Techo-Bloc brand. This crew values a ‘can do’ attitude and is quick to embrace those eager to learn.
Intrigued? Come grow with us.
Schedule: M-F, 6am-3pm
Location: Pen Argyl, PA
- Build samples
- Complete examination of finished product by checking height, shape, color and consistency by applying knowledge of proper company standards as instructed and applicable for in process systems.
- Complete block checks, remove any defective pieces from pallet or board and replace defective pieces with quality pieces. These tasks vary by line and by product and process that the General Laborer is assigned to.
- Assist machine operator and many other variable processes IE: pallet repair, general Maintenance helper, Yard general support, tumbling etc. Completing processes as directed.
- Wear personal protective equipment and ensures behaviors are safe.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Upper body strength
- Be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence.
- Be able to write simple correspondence and/or memos.
- Be able to present information in a one-on-one or small group situation to customers and other employees in the organization.
- Be able to work collaboratively communicating actual shop floor issues etc.
- Be able to perform each essential duty to company standards.
- Have the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to operate machinery, not Machine Operators.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide, weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Be able to reason and apply common sense.
- Be able to handle problems and situations effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move between 50 pounds and occasionaly lift up ton 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will frequently be working outside in the elements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.