- Saint-Hubert, Québec, ca
Design aficionados at heart, we believe in style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology including our own inventions. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.
While reporting to the Chief Operator, the Machine Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient production of the paver and block equipment. This individual must be mechanically inclined and able to learn how to adjust, troubleshoot, repair and operate all machinery in the facility. The chosen candidate will must be flexible during training - may train on a different shift than hired.
- Operate production equipment to meet production needs while maintaining the highest product standards.
- Produce assigned products with verbal and written instructions.
- Complete equipment set-up procedures and preventative maintenance.
- Use tools and measuring devices to maintain, adjust and repair equipment.
- Accurately prepare all necessary production and maintenance reports on a daily basis.
- Read and understand equipment manuals and technical drawings.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy plant components using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Complete minor repairs on equipment and refers issues to maintenance to avoid production delays.
- Follow established guidelines on policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Communicate any product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions to relieving operators and shift managers as part of the shift change procedure.
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Maintain strict adherence to Techo-Bloc policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chief in daily operations and perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or DEP equivalent
- 3+ of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Bilingualism, English and French;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Excellent communications skills; written and oral;
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously and proactively;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Availability to work flexible hours and overtime;
- Flexibility, adaptability, organization skills and professionalism.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.