Manufacturing Machine Operators - 1st, 2nd/weekend shift! ($18-$23/hr.)
- Douglassville, PA 19518, USA
Do you have what it takes to be a part of the Techo-Bloc Team?
Techo-Bloc manufactures pavers, retaining walls and masonry products that set industry standards for quality, design and durability. We are a family owned business and foster an environment in which team spirit, employee values, and fairness in all employee matters are emphasized.
While reporting to the Chief Operator, the Machine Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient production of the paver and block equipment. This individual must be mechanically inclined and able to learn how to adjust, troubleshoot, repair and operate all machinery in the facility. The chosen candidate may train on another shift and must be flexible.
- Operate production equipment to meet production needs while maintaining the highest product standards.
- Produce assigned products with verbal and written instructions.
- Complete equipment set-up procedures and preventative maintenance.
- Use tools and measuring devices to maintain, adjust and repair equipment.
- Accurately prepare all necessary production and maintenance reports on a daily basis.
- Read and understand equipment manuals and technical drawings.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy plant components using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Complete minor repairs on equipment and refers issues to maintenance to avoid production delays.
- Follow established guidelines on policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Communicate any product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions to relieving operators and shift managers as part of the shift change procedure.
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Maintain strict adherence to Techo-Bloc policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Assist the Supervisors in daily operations and perform all other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Excellent communications skills; written and oral;
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously and proactively;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Availability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Flexibility, adaptability, organization skills and professionalism;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.