General Laborer - Night Shift
- Pen Argyl, PA 18072, USA
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO JOIN THE TECHO-BLOC TEAM?
We are seeking creative, dynamic candidates for the General Laborer position at our manufacturing site in Pen Argyl, PA.
Techo-Bloc manufactures pavers, retaining walls and masonry products that set industry standards for quality, design and durability. We are a family owned business and foster an environment in which team spirit, employee values, and fairness in all employee matters are emphasized.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00PM - 4:00AM (hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
Summary of Duties:
Complete examination of finished product by checking height, shape, color and consistency by applying knowledge of proper company standards as instructed. Complete block checks, remove any defective pieces from pallet or board and replace defective pieces with quality pieces. These tasks vary by line and by product and process that the General Laborer is assigned to. Assist operators and many other variable processes IE: pallet repair, general Maintenance helper, Yard general support.
- Complete examination of finished product by checking height, shape, color and consistency by applying knowledge of proper company standards as instructed and applicable for in process systems.
- Complete block checks, remove any defective pieces from pallet or board and replace defective pieces with quality pieces. These tasks vary by line and by product and process that the General Laborer is assigned to.
- Assist machine operator and many other variable processes IE: pallet repair, general Maintenance helper, Yard general support, tumbling etc. Completing processes as directed.
- Wear personal protective equipment and ensures behaviors are safe.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- One year of manufacturing experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Be able to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Be able to write simple memos/production reports
- Be able to effectively give and receive instructions, safety information, etc.. in a small group
- Be able to perform each essential duty to company standards.
- Have the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to operate various machinery.
- Be able to problem solve and manage situations effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will frequently be working outside in the elements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.