ERP Project Manager
- Saint-Hubert, QC, Canada
Headquartered on the south shore of Montreal, Techo-Bloc is the world leader in product innovation in its sector of business. As a premium paving stone manufacturer; we’re driven by innovation, creativity and continuous growth. With 8 industry-renowned manufacturing facilities across Canada and the United-States, 30 international patents, a transporting division and close to 700 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment.
Our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them. If you value the opportunity to grow, demand nothing but the best from yourself and expect the same from the organization you work for, you belong at Techo-Bloc.
Reporting to the Systems Development Director, the ERP Project manager will manage the implementation of our ERP upgrade, from analysis and development, to going live. We are looking for someone who has a strong grasp of the ERP world (specifically Microsoft Dynamics) and can oversee the upgrade to a new version of the software. The Project Manager will own the entire ERP project and become the SME for the business and the development team.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with business partners in a matrix environment to elicit and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define detailed user requirements to enhance the upgrade to our ERP system;
- Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands;
- Act as an intermediary between business and IT by using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes;
- Prioritize changes and define project scope in collaboration with the IT Project Management team;
- Anticipate and avoid project scope creep;
- Manage budget and avoid cost overruns;
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current and future state processes by creating functional specification documents, process flows, etc.;
- Develop the governance process and change control management by using best practices for prioritization, requirements gathering, QA, UAT and end user training;
- Once requirements have been gathered, act as project manager to ensure timely implementation;
- Conduct regular review of solution and enhancement success metrics with upper management;
- Provide feedback around efficacy of existing processes;
- Continuously engage with outside vendors to manage their efforts across the enterprise;
- Review existing processes and outline transition to new processes in new system;
- Work with department leads and VAR to understand their requirements and outline business processes (transition to new system);
- Work with the VAR.
What You Need for this Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 5+ years of strong business analysis and project management experience;
- 4+ years implementing an ERP system, owning the entire life cycle of the project;
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics 365;
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written, presentation skills, RFP, documentation skills;
- Functional knowledge of ERP core business processes (e.g. order management, distribution/fulfillment, invoicing, customers, procurement, inventory, HR, financial reporting, etc.);
- Interact with business users throughout the organization to gather and interpret requirements;
- BA/BS in Business, Data Analytics, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field;
- Strong proficiency understanding and documenting business requirements;
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies;
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases;
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits;
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes;
- Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support project activities and deployments.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Live at the center of a creative movement that cares a lot about your opinion;
- Develop your skills and grow;
- Have a dynamic job and an evolving career path;
- We have a stimulating work environment with the latest technology that recognizes and rewards great performance.