Data Analyst, Demand Planner
- Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada
Do you know Techo-Bloc’s precious stones?
Headquartered on the south shore of Montreal, Techo-Bloc is the leader in product innovation in its industry. Our pavers, retaining walls and masonry materials are a model of beauty, quality and durability. As we strive for continuous improvement, we are constantly engaging in new challenges, products and niches to remain at the forefront of our industry.
The primary role of the Data Analyst, Demand Planner is to develop a demand forecast for our finished goods using different data sources. Your primary role will be to collect data and apply statistical methods to provide insights to key stakeholders within the company. In addition, you will support our purchasing department by establishing and updating Min-Max inventory levels for products purchased, including resale, consumables etc.
- Develop monthly rolling forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation and time horizons.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to ensure alignment of Production Forecasts with Sales Forecasts and company strategy.
- Follow-up on weekly snapshots across the distribution network and assess trends.
- Provide input in developing forecasts for new products.
- Monitor alignment between Supply and Demand.
- Manage Short-term and long-term forecasting & demand planning, involving complex modeling.
- Study demand variability and external variables affecting our demand and deviations between actual orders and forecasts.
- Develop safety strategies to account for forecast inaccuracy, lead time and other factors.
- Perform data analysis, with a wide variety of statistical methods including cluster, regression, decision tree, random forest, time series, neural network and others.
- Monitor demand and analyze forecast exceptions; perform root cause analysis to identify errors and take necessary corrective actions to drive continuous improvement in forecast accuracy.
- Participate actively in the monthly Supply Planning Meeting and future S&OP meeting.
- Establish strong relationships with peers and work cross-functionally with Supply Planning, Operations, Purchasing, Customer service, Replenishment, Sales and Marketing, and Finance teams.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field;
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Demand Planning/data and analytics role;
- Very high attention to details and commitment to meet deadlines;
- Strong interest in data analytics, data transformation and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced Knowledge: Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, experience with cubes, data analysis tool pack, graphs etc.);
- Advanced statistical and forecasting knowledge (hypothesis testing, linear regression, qualitative and quantitative forecasting methods);
- Additional tools: Power BI, VBA, SQL, R, or Python (an asset);
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to understand key demand-planning concepts and to explain technical terms to a non-technical audience;
- Ability to work under pressure, both individually and within a team environment;
- Ability to work successfully with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment;
- Language requirements: Bilingual (French and English)
We offer an excellent compensation program
- Competitive base pay
- Bonus Program, Comprehensive Group Insurance
- Working for the # 1 manufacturer in landscaping product innovation
- Dynamic work atmosphere
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.