Production Machine Operator - Day Shift ($17.26 and Up)
- Waterloo, IN 46793, USA
Do you have what it takes to be a part of the Techo-Bloc Team?
We are seeking creative, dynamic candidates for the Production Machine Operator position at our manufacturing facility in Waterloo, Indiana.
Techo-Bloc manufactures pavers, retaining walls and masonry products that set industry standards for quality, design and durability. We are a family owned business and foster an environment in which team spirit, employee values, and fairness in all employee matters are emphasized.
Schedule: Day Shift: Monday - Thursday, 6am - 6pm - Pay rates start at $17.26 an hour.
While reporting to the Chief Operator, the Production Machine Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient production of the paver and block equipment. This individual must be mechanically inclined and able to learn how to adjust, troubleshoot, repair and operate machinery in the facility. The chosen candidate will train on day or night shift.
- Operate production equipment to meet production needs while maintaining the highest product standards.
- Produce assigned products with verbal and written instructions.
- Complete equipment set-up procedures and preventative maintenance.
- Use tools and measuring devices to maintain, adjust and repair equipment.
- Accurately prepare all necessary production and maintenance reports on a daily basis.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy plant components using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Complete minor repairs on equipment and refers issues to maintenance to avoid production delays.
- Follow established guidelines on policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Communicate any product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions to relieving operators and shift managers as part of the shift change procedure.
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Assist the Chief in daily operations and perform all other related duties as assigned
- 3+ of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced, Heavy Industrial manufacturing environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously and proactively
- Interpersonal Skills
- Availability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Flexibility, adaptability, organization skills and professionalism
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.