LOCAL CDL A Driver ($23/hr)
- Channahon, IL, USA
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO JOIN THE TBC TEAM?
We are seeking creative, dynamic candidates for the Class A CDL Local Driver position at our distribution site in Channahon, IL.
Techo-Bloc manufactures pavers, retaining walls and masonry products that set industry standards for quality, design and durability. We are a family owned business and foster an environment in which team spirit, employee values, and fairness in all employee matters are emphasized.
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM:
Hourly wage from $21-$23 per hour
Paid over-time after 40 hours, (50-55 hours week projected for most of the year.)
Local runs and deliveries, home nights and every weekend
Weekly direct deposit
Brand new, dedicated truck
Summary: Responsible for securing and transporting deliveries locally in accordance with company guidelines and DOT regulations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Secures loads and transports deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations.
- Applies knowledge and abilities to safely load and unload deliveries according to size of load and content description as directed.
- Verify shipment documents to include bill of lading and work orders for each shipment, and manages discrepancy documentation.
- Obtains and maintains proper delivery authorization and pickup documentation, and submits in a timely manner.
- Provides good customer service and maintains a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company's image.
- Facilitates annual contractor show to transports displays, set-up and break down company display booth as assigned.
- Performs a daily DOT pre-trip inspection according to checklist, and keeps an accurate copy in the vehicle at all times.
- Maintains a daily, legible DOT log book and submits as required, verifying accuracy of information recorded.
- Maintains and submits all receipts for approved trip related expenses.
- Maintains company gas credit cards, and valid/current proof of insurance and registration in vehicle.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle and ensures proper maintenance of vehicle at all time reporting all accidents/damage/malfunctions to management.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED or at least 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of percentages, area. circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Commercial Driver's License - Class A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.