2nd Shift Production Laborer (Hours are 4:00pm to 2:30am)
- Waterloo, IN 46793, USA
Do you have what it takes to be a part of the Techo-Bloc Team?
Techo-Bloc manufactures pavers, retaining walls and masonry products that set industry standards for quality, design and durability. We are a family owned business and foster an environment in which team spirit, employee values, and fairness in all employee matters are emphasized.
We are currently looking to add to our expanding 2nd shift are looking to add a production laborer to the team in Waterloo, IN. The hours are typically Monday through Friday, From 4pm - 2:30am. The pay rate is $14 per hour to start and will be eligible for a $1.00 hour shift differential.
Employees in this role are responsible for:
- Complete examination of finished product by checking height, shape, color and consistency by applying knowledge of proper company standards as instructed and applicable for in process systems.
- Complete block checks, remove any product that meets our high standards from pallet or board and replace with quality pieces. These tasks vary by line and by product and process that the General Laborer is assigned to.
- Labels and packages products
- Wear personal protective equipment and actively engages in plant safety
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to working safely
- comfortable with work that can be physically demanding
- Be able to pay attention to small details
- Be comfortable working around automated production equipment
- Be able to effectively give and receive instructions, safety information, etc.. in a small group
- Be able to perform each essential duty to company standards.
- Have the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to operate various machinery.
- Be able to problem solve and work with others to manage situations effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.