Site Plant Manager - Douglassville, PA
- Douglassville, PA 19518, USA
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO JOIN THE TECHO-BLOC TEAM?
We are seeking creative, dynamic candidates for Plant Manager at our growing production facility in Douglassville, PA.
Techo-Bloc manufactures pavers, retaining walls and masonry product that set industry standards for quality, design, and durability.
We are a family owned business and foster a positive environment in which team spirit, employee values and fairness in all employee matters are emphasized.
While we thank all candidates for their interest in our company, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Manage all aspects of the plant, facility, production, planning activities, costs and employees. Responsible for how effectively the assigned work facility functions. Overseeing of the daily production operations. Ensure that all safety procedures are followed and that all production goals are met. “Ownership”.
- Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained, based on company policies and OSHA guidelines. Ensure that operation remains in compliance with all applicable environmental standards.
- Implement and maintain a 5S program for optimal workplace organization.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate the plant preventative maintenance program. Maintain plant in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically.
- Review monthly financial reports for assigned responsibilities and provide explanations on the variances to the budget.
- Lead continuous improvement and lean manufacturing activities
- Manage capital improvement projects including design, engineering, scheduling, purchasing, budgets and installation.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Develops, recommends and implements new procedures, policies and systems. Recommends cost reduction/profit improvement and continuous improvement solutions
- Monitor key performance indicators and other data to understand where the plant needs to improve efficiency and reduce time.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Manages personnel (with HR) to address HR concerns and/or supports the transition from hiring to the operational function.
- Develop a high performing team, driven by solid talent identification, development and succession planning which will support expansion.
- Inspects new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently; specifications for major capital improvements are within local/state/federal regulations; and approving inspection reports and payment requests.
- Lead troubleshooting team through planning, and execution in both mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Ensure the product quality standards are met through inspections and material testing procedures.
- Holds weekly team meetings and champions Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in Safety & Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Communicates effectively at all levels.
- 5+ years of plant management experience in the concrete block and paver manufacturing or 10+ of plant management experience in similar industry.
- Experience with of Microsoft Office tools and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems. Troubleshooting experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Proven leadership and change management skills
- Troubleshooting skills both mechanically and electrically
- Strong quality control and assurance experience
- Able to work flexible schedules including nights and weekends when necessary
Loyalty, honesty, humbleness and transparency
Have a strong work ethic, always consider the Company’s best interest before making a decision
Deliver results with the highest quality standards – never accept mediocrity
Have a customer-oriented approach
- Full Benefit package
- Technological tools and a safe workplace
- Work for #1 best innovative landscaping products manufacturer
- Positive work environment with great team atmosphere
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc foster a culture of innovation where each individual brings a special touch to his field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents are required to contribute to the development of the prestigious brand image that Techo-Bloc has developed over the years.
The use of the masculine gender has been adopted to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.