Industrial Machinist (day shift)
- Douglassville, PA 19518, USA
Do you know Techo-Bloc’s precious stones?
Design aficionados at heart, we believe in style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology including our own inventions. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 600 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
- Ability to maintain & troubleshoot Hydraulics, Compressors, Pneumatics;
- Experience with welding (stick, Mig, or Tig) and oxy-acetylene torch;
- Fabrication skills;
- Hydraulics, Compressors, Pneumatics;
- Proficient in use of power tools/ measuring devices;
- Must operate and maintain Cranes, aerial Manlifts , and Forklifts;
- Basic to Intermediate Electrical skills or certificate from technical training classes and/or institution;
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills;
- Machinist – Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Experience with precision alignment – drive trains, conveyors, and machine frames;
- Able to test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes;
- Meet with plant manager to confirm production schedule;
- Operate product line machinery and equipment in a safe and efficient manner while following schedule;
- Organize resources in order to optimize productivity;
- Collaborate with maintenance department to determine repair needs and optimal repair time;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
- Ensure troubleshooting of machinery and equipment change-overs if necessary;
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Inform operators from other shifts of quality problems or equipment breakdowns;
- Understand and communicate all information relating to instructions or job-related documentation;
- Positively influence changes, lead by example;
- Work in a spirit of partnership;
- Communication, implement and enforce policies and procedures;
- Assist plant manager in supervising employees if necessary;
- Fill out production reports, logs and all other paperwork that needs to be completed.
- Verify equipment to ensure its proper functioning and to detect potential problems before they occur;
- Oversee the work of employees;
- Verify products to ensure quality and reduce waste;
- Make adjustments as necessary to produce within certain specifications;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manufacture in the most efficient, productive and cost effective manner;
- Optimize machine performance, efficiency and productivity in order to meet targets;
- Commit to meeting production deadlines;
- Analyze production data reports to identify areas of improvements, reduce waste and improve efficiency;
- Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures;
- Have a hands-on approach.
- General computer skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Organization and time management skills;
- Have the knowledge, skill, and ability to operate machinery;
- Mechanical and logical aptitudes;
- Thorough knowledge of instruction manual;
- Manual dexterity.
- Plant: Exposure to vibration, exposure to moving mechanical parts, exposure to very loud noises, humidity/wet conditions/heat or cold, exposure airborne particles or fumes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Regularly required to stand, walk and use hands.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms talk or hear and smell.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, knee crouch or crawl.
Essential characteristics of a successful Industrial Mechanic
- Loyalty, honesty and transparency;
- Have a strong work ethic, always consider the Company’s best interest before making a decision;
- Delivery results with the highest quality standards;
- Have a customer oriented approach;
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
The use of the masculine gender has been adopted to facilitate reading and has no discriminatory intent.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.