Yard Supervisor (Pay is $19 to $23/hr. with weekly overtime)
- Douglassville, PA 19518, USA
Do you know Techo-Bloc’s precious stones?
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 600 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
The Yard Supervisor reports to the Logistics Manager. He/she is responsible for the overall management of the yard ensuring an extremely efficient, safe organized yard operation.
- Responsible for the overall operation and safety of the production yard.
- Maintains an organized and logical yard operation. Attention to detail is critical!
- Operate heavy equipment on a daily basis to support yard operations.
- Maintains yard maintenance; which may include hiring contractors.
- Manage and/or perform equipment repairs and scheduled maintenance on equipment; loaders, forklifts, etc.
- Train as backup for Scalehouse; when needed.
- Assigns tasks ensuring efficient allocation of labor maximizing productivity.
- Supervision of forklift operators.
- Motivates, trains and develops a productive cohesive team.
- Empower employees to take ownership in the use, maintenance and safety of all tools and
- Ensures yard staff is continually trained in product knowledge and organizing the yard operation to function in an organized, productive way.
- Make recommendations for hiring & termination of team members.
- Conducts monthly safety/yard inspections, documents findings/observations and distributes to the Logistics Manager.
- Continually trains employees in the ergonomic and safe use and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Monitor employees’ safety practices and enforce the companies’ safety policy.
- Oversees facility equipment; ensures equipment is safe, operational and regularly serviced.
- Properly load products on trucks.
- Ensure driver secures and straps load properly and places tarp on load as required.
- Able to run wheel loader, forklift and load trucks (specifically flatbeds).
- Able to certify new Forklift Operators.
- Oversees inventory quality and insures accurate quality control.
- Monitor quality of product on pallets, stacking and wrapping integrity.
- Conducts monthly quality control inspections, documents findings/observations and sends reports to the Logistics Manager.
- Ensure all containers and shelves are accurately marked to ensure proper product information.
- Ordering of raw materials.
- Perform physical inventory counts as requested.
- Maintains the upkeep and maintenance of capital investments (i.e. building property, equipment, etc.)
- Ensures that the proper tools are available at each work space. Orders tools/replacement parts in a timely manner and in accordance with company procedures.
- Manages the logistics of all material (location, flow of goods) to ensure proper storage avoiding congestion.
- Ensure proper disposal of all damaged/scrap material in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage yard and warehouse ensuring in compliance with company cleanliness and housekeeping standards (5S).
- Accurately processes the timely flow of paper orders.
High school Diploma and Associates Degree in related field preferred.
Five (5) years recent supervisory experience in yard, inventory or warehouse management.
Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
Possesses strong leadership skills, effectively manages a diverse team and achieves results.
Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem
Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts and techniques.
Organized team leader able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
- A competitive salary with wage progression;
- Full time schedule with overtime (required) during peak season.
- Complete group insurance after 3 months of service;
- On-the-job and heatlh and safety training;
- Team spirit and dynamism at work;
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.