- Lagos, Nigeria
At TALENTSQR (RC 1453480), we help to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are potential leaders in various fields as well as emerging specializations. We are champions of great organization culture and values, partnering with key business owners or hiring managers to help them build their organizations. Whether consulting for clients on how to build their teams, recruiting the right people, managing talents or developing programs for them-- we are exceptionally focused on putting people (talent) first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help our client's understand how people are important to their business performance.
Our Client is a Fashion Retail company (women clothing store and accessories) looking to expand its team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising the retail staff within the business. They will coordinate the shipping of goods, set up displays, and assist customers and staff during business hours, oversees the workflow at the facility. They will not just supervise the work of others, but will also coach, resolve issues and serve as a link between subordinates and upper management.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual who will be able to guide the employees. They will be well-versed in processes under the role’s responsibility and will be results-driven and focused. oversee the daily operations of the store. They will be the one to ensure the smooth running of operations to maximize sales and minimize costs. The ideal candidate will have previous experience and knowledge of diverse business areas such as sales, marketing etc. The goal is to ensure that operations are carried out productively so as to ensure profitability and sustainable growth. Women are encouraged to apply.
· Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
· Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
· Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
· Good knowledge of MS Office
· Diploma/Certificate in first line management or relevant field
· BSc/BA in management or relevant discipline will be considered an advantage
- Manage retail staff, including cashiers and people working on the floor.
- Meet financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Formulate pricing policies.
- Determine daily coupons.
- Ensure pricing is correct.
- Work on store displays.
- Attend trade shows to identify new products and services.
- Coach, counsel, train, and discipline employees.
- Evaluate on-the-job performance.
- Identify current and future trends that appeal to consumers.
- Ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed.
- Approve contracts with vendors.
- Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock.
- Keep up with fluctuating supply and demand.
- Analyze operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards.
- Utilize information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, store cleanliness and health and safety are met.
- Monitor local competitors.
- Organize and distribute staff schedules.
- Preside over staff meetings.
- Help retail sales staff achieve sales targets.
- Manage different departments within the store.
- Handle customer questions, complaints, and issues.
This is a full-time position in Lagos State. Salary Range: N70,000 - N120,000.