Head Strategy and Corporate Performance
- Lagos, Nigeria
At TALENTSQR (RC 1453480), we help to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are potential leaders in various fields as well as emerging specializations. We are champions of great organization culture and values, partnering with key business owners or hiring managers to help them build their organizations. Whether consulting for clients on how to build their teams, recruiting the right people, managing talents or developing programs for them-- we are exceptionally focused on putting people (talent) first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help our client's understand how people are important to their business performance.
Our Client is a Technology Company founded 3-years ago with The Mission “To transform mobility in Africa” while building a global brand.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with working closely with all departments across the business to plan, execute and iterate their departmental strategies – optimizing overall corporate performance. The manager will be working directly with the C-suite level executives to define, measure and achieve quarterly targets. The Head of Strategy will also lead the corporate expansion.
Experience in setting strategic visions, leading change programs and an innate ability to engage with and influence senior executives. A key part of the role will be dealing with ambiguity, gaining buy-in in and driving the future goals of the company at all levels.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a large, complex, result-driven corporate environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably in: Business, finance, economics, engineering, accounting or applied math.
· MBA and consulting background is preferred but not required.
· Minimum eight (8) years of relevant strategic, analytical and management experience from a consulting or multinational organization.
· An individual with local and international experience will be an added advantage
· Experience in strategic planning and execution
· Must demonstrate strong critical thinking capabilities and problem-solving skills. Must be comfortable interpreting and working with large amounts of data.
· Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
· Must possess the ability to take initiative, pro-actively look for solutions, work and manage projects within tight deadlines, and communicate to leadership any challenges/issues in a clear and timely fashion.
· Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise, and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team, to take part in professional discussions and to liaise with senior executives on a regular basis.
· Must be able to sustain performance under conditions such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning.
· Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Been part of a Change Management project
· Computer skills: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
Responsibilities will include the following:
Strategic Management and Corporate Performance – Support corporate, regional, sub-regional, state-level and functional leaders with strategy development, executive decision making, and implementation.
· Work with Executive Management and Senior Leadership Team to set and clearly define the company’s goals and long-term strategy.
· Functioning as an internal consultant, to foster a collaborative environment with direct interaction with and providing strategic support to the company’s senior executives and decision-makers.
· Facilitate clear understanding and embedding priorities within the broader team by developing strategies and supporting senior leaders to communicate and engage with their teams
· Work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop aligned functional priorities. This includes the facilitation of team strategy and planning meeting.
· Design the company and functional level scorecards which include defining measures of success and setting targets.
· Own ongoing processes to track and communicate overall, and functional, performance against the company’s strategic priorities with the broader team.
· Design and lead the delivery of a Leadership Strategy that lifts the capability and behaviors of leaders, and creates the leadership culture required to deliver on Strategy and Enterprise Values
· Project Management – provide critical project management and analytical support to corporate, divisional and functional leaders.
. Independently balance and manage multiple project accountabilities, ensuring clear project definitions upfront (e.g., project scope, objectives, work streams, resources, timelines, communication, and challenges).
· Specifically, providing support and managing projects in such areas as new business acquisition and market entry, supplier and customer relations, as well as developing analyses decision making on the above mentioned
· May also be tasked with designing and generating financial and operational models and reports, developing analyses and insights into the drivers of trends, (including defining logic, business rules, and assumptions). Deliver analyses and insights employing a variety of and business intelligence tools to identify, extract and analyze data.
· May also focus on other areas as new projects and initiatives are launched, including delivering on one or more of the company’s strategies related to sales, operations, marketing, talent management, and innovation.
· Research and problem-solving support: Conduct ad-hoc and ongoing research using structured problem-solving/insights—for projects related to strategic initiatives.
· Communication and presentation support: Design and develop PowerPoint decks for management.
This is a full-time position, based in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.