Mainframe Tester / QA ( Permanent Role )
- Toronto, Canada
System Canada resources have a broad range of skills in different technologies. The large skill-set has been made possible by a conscious focus on strengthening our skills base. Every person selected for our team brings something new, something that adds to our offerings. We learn continuously, both on the job and through formal training programs.
Visit us at: http://www.SystemCanada.com
System Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary skills: Mainframe Testing experience With Core Banking, Lending, ATM and CARDS domain.
- Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper functionality
- Contributes to the identification, management, and closure of system defects
- Documents all problems/ issues and work to resolve them
- Reports progress on problem resolution to QA Lead
- Creates improvements for current procedures
- Performs work-flow analysis and recommends quality improvements
- Analyzes and solves problems that are low complexity and may be routine in nature where answers can be readily obtained
- Receives moderate of level instruction on daily work tasks and detailed instructions on new assignments
- Decisions impact own work and may impact the work of others
- Individual contributor as a part of a team, with a focused scope of work
Minimum of 5 years of mainframe testing experience in Core Banking, Lending, ATM and CARDS domain. Testing experience around FIS product suite like C CAPS, A CAPS, A CONNEX and P CONNEX would be an asset.
Must have close 3-4 years of Test Data Management Experience
Experience in coding, testing and implementing configuration changes and assisting in the design of software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements
Exhibits strong understanding of testing processes, methodologies and standards
Skills in one or more of the following testing toolsets an asset: HP Testing Suite (Quality Center, Test Director, LoadRunner, WinRunner, Quick Test Pro), IBM Rational Testing Suite (Functional Tester, Performance Tester, etc.), Unit Test Tools (J Unit)
Professional Skill Requirements
Good financial acumen and financial analysis and diagnosis skills.
Proven success in contributing to a team oriented environment.
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill
Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.