DataStage ETL Developer
- Suite 5600
System Canada resources have a broad range of skills in different technologies. The large skill-set has been made possible by a conscious focus on strengthening our skills base. Every person selected for our team brings something new, something that adds to our offerings. We learn continuously, both on the job and through formal training programs.
Visit us at: http://www.SystemCanada.com
System Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
- Design, develop, test and deploy ETL for ODS and data mart projects, as well as application and management reports.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and upgrade setup or support on ETL and database related issues.
- Research and evaluate alternative IT solutions to make appropriate recommendations to meet the business needs for management information.
- Perform root cause analysis, performance monitoring and application related issues.
- Review IT work products from the team members for completeness and quality.
- Accurately translate business requirement to technical documentation and test case or results.
- Analyze and map data from source systems to target operational data stores and data marts.
- Maintain and provide application support in production.
- Code or folder migration from one environment to another as part of release management.
- Participation in all aspects of quality assurance.
- Active participation in systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- IBM: DataStage Tool
- Strong modular system design skills.
- Conventional and data warehouse modelling skills are required, in order to understand the
various data models and to define the mappings between them.
- System analysis and design skills are necessary to design and document the data extractions and
- Expert knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools being used, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the ETL program designs.
- Good organization, planning and basic management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is must.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 10 + years