SharePoint Migration Project Manager
- Suite 5600
System Canada resources have a broad range of skills in different technologies. The large skill-set has been made possible by a conscious focus on strengthening our skills base. Every person selected for our team brings something new, something that adds to our offerings. We learn continuously, both on the job and through formal training programs.
Visit us at: http://www.SystemCanada.com
System Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
SharePoint Migration Project Manager
The SharePoint Engineering team is responsible for the build of the SharePoint platform for firm wide collaboration as well as application hosting & development,
both internal and external. A lot of our work involves enhancing the vendor offering, filling gaps and influencing the future roadmap of the product
with the vendor.
The candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for the design, engineering and rollout of the SharePoint platform by addressing key deficiencies, integration with
other systems, solution development along with application design & consulting for our business. Job will involve working on cutting edge technologies and access to non-
public/un-disclosed vendor & product breakthroughs.
We seek a SharePoint Migration Project Manager with a strong understanding of SharePoint sites and the organizational skills to handle the migration of SharePoint 2007 sites to a SharePoint 2010 farm. A self starter with an ability to work in a globally dispersed team and clients spanning over 40,000 sites. The PM needs to be highly organized and have excellent communication skills as he/she will have to interface with people at all levels of the firm from associates to VPs to EDs and MDs who are either business owners or technical admins of their site.
The candidate will work on the planning, scheduling, communication, signoff and status reporting of the migration with the site owners and engineering team. In addition, the candidate will be the liaison between the site owners and the Engineering & Operations team to assist with issue escalation in an orderly manner.
Towards the tail end of the migration there is a site consolidation project coupled with a smaller migration to upgrade/migrate the remaining of sites that initially weren’t eligible for the shared plant.
- 20% technical proficiency / 80% Project Management & Coordination
- Extensive migration experience of SP2007 sites
- Project management experience to coordinate with 40,000+ different owners spanning over 40,000 disparate sites
- Communication, coordination, planning and scheduling of the migration
- Strong experience with providing proper status and progress updates on the migration
- Is able to take a task and execute it in its entirety
- Is able to track issues and escalate to the core SharePoint engineering or Operations team or Microsoft support as needed
- Very strong communication skills as client interaction is required with many owners ranging from Business to technical users at all Officer levels in the firm
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent understanding of web technologies
- Very detailed oriented
- Good public speaking skills required to hold training sessions about the migration and new features in SP2010
- Strong understanding of SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 along with the underlying technologies
- Experience with SSO (SiteMinder or NTLM/Kerberos)
- Experience with HTML/CSS/XML/XSLT/CAML
- Experience with SharePoint Designer modified sites and remediation including UI design and workflows
- Experience with Metalogix Migration software
- C#/.Net Developement
- Powershell development