- Suite 5600
System Canada resources have a broad range of skills in different technologies. The large skill-set has been made possible by a conscious focus on strengthening our skills base. Every person selected for our team brings something new, something that adds to our offerings. We learn continuously, both on the job and through formal training programs.
Visit us at: http://www.SystemCanada.com
System Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
This is not a DBA position. The team engaged in the migration of its database servers from Sybase 11.X.X and 12.X.X to Sybase 15.X.X. As part of these migrations a resource is required to assist with analysis of the application’s stored procedures and other components to determine where improvements may be made to enhance the application’s performance, as well as ensure the code is written to industry standard specifications. Tuning of the application's queries, indexes, and other elements will be required.
1. Maintains responsibility for migration of Sybase database server to newer instance, including analysis of Sybase / SQL code and development where changes are necessary. Tunes queries / stored procedures, indexes, and other database elements.
2. Develops or maintains computer programs, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and installing.
3. Ability to follow software development methodologies, including working through business requirements and designs with IT partners.
4. Reviews and enhances existing Java and Sybase / SQL code to improve performance and ensure application meets industry-standard specifications.
5. Interfaces with partners throughout systems to determine impacts of software changes.