Sr Developer/ Lead
- Suite 5600
System Canada resources have a broad range of skills in different technologies. The large skill-set has been made possible by a conscious focus on strengthening our skills base. Every person selected for our team brings something new, something that adds to our offerings. We learn continuously, both on the job and through formal training programs.
Visit us at: http://www.SystemCanada.com
System Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
• Experience in JEE, Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented Design, and Application design patterns is mandatory
• This is a challenging role and requires innovative design skills and experience in rich UI and user centric design patterns
• Work with the product management team, for requirements definition, Solution Architecture and Design, and support during testing
• Acquire and maintain domain knowledge of the Insurance industry including ACORD standards
• Presenting ideas, leading discussions, and collaborating with other product teams to produce innovative solutions
The position is targeted at Polaris’ insurance solutions that use Polaris software technology within the insurance and financial services industry. The position requires the development of a solid understanding of this industry as well as the technologies that use our software products.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 8 years recent professional development experience
• BS or higher degree in a related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics)
• Solid understanding of delivery methodologies, project management best practices, and software development processes
• Sun/Oracle Java Developer Certification a plus
• Experience with any application servers like JBoss, WebSphere, or Oracle (WebLogic) is mandatory
• Experience with persistence frameworks (e.g. EJB3, JPA, Hibernate).
• Experience with Portal software ( Websphere, Liferay ) desirable
• Experience with Business Process Management software desirable
• Willing to travel (moderate to significant)
• Self-motivated, capable of working independently to achieve goals
• Excellent communication, organization, and management skills.