Be part of something great!
Synchrony Group is an independently owned network of companies, headquartered in West Chester, PA.
At Synchrony, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services in the medical communications industry. Our vision is to create the highest value for our clients and the most opportunity for our team members, while working together to improve the lives of patients. Collectively, we are leaders in strategic planning, development, and execution of best-in-class programs that address medical needs, maximize strategic objectives, and make significant scientific and clinical contributions. Our passion and commitment to improving outcomes for our clients, healthcare professionals, and patients drives us to exceed expectations in everything we do.
Synchrony consists of integrated groups of medical-scientific, clinical, creative, commercial, and industry experts. Synchrony Healthcare Communications specializes in branded and disease state marketing/promotional campaigns and initiatives. Our teams reflect our commitment to excellence—we’re smart, enthusiastic, and driven. We align the skills, experiences, and perspectives of diverse individuals to achieve unparalleled results in an environment of respect and mutual support. Above all, we are passionate about changing the world and improving the lives of patients.
Our success is built on the foundation of our team, and we’re always striving to strengthen our foundation. More than just seeking out the best and brightest to join us, we also create a work environment in which employees are respected and encouraged to grow.
Are you looking to be part of something great? We’d like to meet you!
The Editorial Assistant is primarily tasked with supporting the Editorial Services department by reading behind senior editors, proofreading, and uploading submissions to Veeva Vault. Top priority of the Editorial Assistant will be to help ensure accuracy and consistency across all deliverables.
- Perform editorial tasks including proofreading, copyediting, entering editorial changes into documents, and updating style guides, core claims docs, and reference repositories
- Obtain and track table/figure use permissions across all clients and project types
- Prepare promotional print and electronic deliverables with annotations for upload into Veeva Vault for client medical/legal/regulatory review; take the lead as internal resource for Veeva Vault
- Work with Project Management, as needed, to ensure that all external writing and editorial subcontractors are supplied with required materials to complete requested work
- Assist Project Management in tracking, verifying, and processing invoices from copyright holders as well as external editors as needed
- Maintain client/project reference folders on company servers and Veeva Vault, including entering/uploading references, troubleshooting, and assisting/training colleagues
- High level of integrity, responsibility, and accountability
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and timelines, with high degree of accuracy
- Professional communication skills, and knowledge of when to use them pro-actively to get ahead of the problems that can be anticipated
- High executive functioning skills
- Ability to acquire relevant information from a variety of sources and maintain accurate records
- Ability to work independently and also participate effectively on a team
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to master various content management systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe® Acrobat
- Knowledge of AMA Style (11th Edition)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of professional experience in an editorial capacity, including editing and proofreading
- Comfort in learning and maintaining electronic database systems
- Previous work experience requiring multitasking and organizational skills
- Previous medical editing experience a plus
- Experience with Veeva Vault preferred, but will train
- Ability to commit to extra and/or nontraditional hours as client needs require
Synchrony places high value on the well-being of its employees; therefore, Synchrony team members are eligible for a comprehensive array of benefits, including competitive salaries, generous paid time off, excellent health insurance, family leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EOE. Synchrony is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role.