HR & Safety Generalist
- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing, a Division of The Middleby Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice equipment. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ wellness and financial security, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage.
This individual is responsible for overall divisional safety through the implementation of best-in-class safety programs, safety infrastructure and safety training for all employees. Role also provides professional Human Resources support across multiple stages of the employee life cycle with focus on recruitment and employee relations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partner with all teams and departments to continually grow and refresh a strong safety culture with goal of zero accidents.
- Lead investigation, with support of department and team leaders, of all safety incidents with focus on root cause analysis and implementation of effective countermeasures.
- Manage safety and health related vendors and suppliers.
- Serve as subject matter expert on safety related compliance measures, ensuring alignment will all applicable regulations and oversight.
- Develops and implements policies and practices to identify and mitigate hazardous conditions.
- Leads cross functional Safety Committee, procuring active participation from a representative group of employees from across the organization.
- Coordinates safety related audit program and associated improvement activities.
- Review training needs/matrix and develop and coordinate a comprehensive program of internal and external courses that meet the business needs whilst complying with statutory health and safety requirements
- Leads the overall recruiting process for hourly roles, including but not limited to: scoping roles, sourcing applicants, interviewing candidates, and complying with record keeping requirements. Partners with hiring managers to screen candidates, conduct interviews, and select best fit talent for open positions. Organizes, conducts, and continually improves new employee on-boarding; creates a positive first experience of the company.
- Functions as an advisor to line management regarding the application of employment law and company policies to specific business decisions and performance management.
- Maintains accurate and up to date employee related data in HRIS and other applicable systems/files.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Responds to inquiries regarding benefit programs, policy administration, etc and educates and supports employees in the use of the self-service applications available to them.
- Weekly payroll processing.
- Serve as backup for Bi-Weekly payroll processing.
- Reception duties
- Other duties may be assigned
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Environmental Health & Safety, Business or other related discipline required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Human Resources or EHS related role
- Professional HR or Safety Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Employment Law and OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of administrative tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software
- Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and analytically driven
This position will be based in an office setting, but at times will require a hands-on approach.
Will be required to lift 30lbs occasionally, as manufacturing is supported.
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD) is the largest global manufacturer of commercial cooking equipment. The well-known brands of Middleby are used in restaurants, from quick service to fine dining and institutional foodservice such as hospitals and schools. Middleby customers in the Commercial Foodservice Equipment Group include YUM! Brands, Dunkin’, Burger King, Domino’s, Five Guys, Kroger, and many others.
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus