Senior Data Engineer - PySpark/Zeppelin/Airflow/PostgreSQL/AWS ($100K - $130K / Immediate Health Care Benefits / 401k / 20-days PTO / Plus More)
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
Interested in health care? Startups? Philadelphia? Let's talk! This venture-backed Series C startup founded in Philadelphia was recently named one of Philly’s best tech startups. They are using data and innovative technologies to leverage healthcare data and help organizations and end-users gain new perspectives on patient activity, all while keeping privacy and HIPAA compliance a top priority.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (Visa sponsorship not available)
Benefits / Perks:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, starting on Day 1
- Performance-based bonus
- Equity plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 20 days Paid Time Off
- 8 paid holidays
- Pre-tax commuter savings program
- Company lunch once a week
- On-site gym
- Plus more...
The Data Engineer will support the engineering team’s data endeavors, diving in to fix issues, optimize processes, and automate what you do more than once.
- Work with internal stakeholders to load data into the data warehouse
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to data integrity
- Help establish procedures and best practices for transforming and storing data
- Lead requirements gathering around data pipeline automation improvements
- Work with open-source tools like Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Airflow, Zeppelin
- Leverage distributed computing and serverless architecture such as AWS EMR & AWS Lambda, to develop pipelines for transforming data
- Research and implement new technologies with a team of developers to execute strategies and implement solutions
- Solve complex problems related to the real-time discovery of large data
Successful Data Engineers will have 5+ years of experience writing scalable applications on distributed architectures.
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with PySpark and Spark-SQL (writing, testing, debugging spark routines)
- 1+ years of experience with AWS EMR, AWS S3 service. Comfortable using AWS CLI and boto3
- Comfortable using *nix command line (shell scripting, AWK, SED)
- Experience with MySQL and Postgres
- Experience with Apache Airflow preferred
- Experience with Apache Zeppelin preferred
- Experience with healthcare data preferred
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there's a match, a member from the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a phone interview. You must submit your application to be considered - please no phone calls or third parties.
- Round 1 = Phone Interview with IT Pros (15 minutes)
- Round 2 = Phone Interview with HR (30 minutes)
- Round 3 = Online Tech Assessment (done at home)
- Round 4 = Video Interview with Engineers + Interactive Coding Challenge
- Round 5 = Decision
Brought To You By IT Pros