Software Engineer - Python ($80k to $120k + Excellent medical + bonus + generous PTO + more)
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
Interested in health care? Startups? Philadelphia? Let's talk! This venture-backed Series B startup founded in Philadelphia was recently named one of Philly’s best tech startups. They are using data and innovative technologies to leverage healthcare data and help organizations and end-users gain new perspectives on patient activity, all while keeping privacy and HIPAA compliance a top priority.
Benefits / Perks:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, starting on Day 1
- Performance-based bonus
- Equity plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 20 days Paid Time Off
- 8 paid holidays
- Pre-tax commuter savings program
- Company lunch once a week
- On-site gym
The Software Engineer will work with the data science and product teams to enable customers to bring insights to their business. You will own and be responsible for developing and maintaining key components of the overall system. You will use a variety of tools (whatever’s best for the situation) to deliver well-written and scalable solutions that meet both technical and business requirements. You will work in a collaborative team-centric environment and will be an integral part of building a platform that will scale to support growing data and new innovative products.
You are data driven, testing and measuring data as much as you can. You like to solve complex problems. You are collaborative, eager to work with team members to review code and have your code reviewed by them.
- 3+ years of experience with Python is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby, Perl, C++ or Java combined with some hands-on exposure to and interest in Python is OK too.
- Strong experience with design patterns, multi-threaded systems, and automated unit testing.
- Strong experience with SQL, query writing, etc.
- Experience processing large scale data sets.
- Experience with the command line.
- Experience writing scalable applications on distributed architectures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- BS in Computer Science or similar
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Airflow, and/or Zeppelin.
- Experience with AWS, AWS EMR and/or AWS Lambda.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
Local candidates only, please. You must be able to commute to Philadelphia, PA every day.
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there's a match, a member from the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a phone interview. You must submit your application to be considered - please no phone calls or third parties.
- Round 1 = Phone Interview with IT Pros (15 minutes)
- Round 2 = Phone Interview with HR (30 minutes)
- Round 3 = Online Tech Assessment (done at home)
- Round 4 = Video Interview with Engineers + Interactive Coding Challenge
- Round 4 = In-Person Interview with Hiring Team
- Round 5 = Decision
Brought To You By: IT PROS
Gain access to hundreds of employers based on your specific job preferences and expertise: bit.ly/uShowcase