Senior Software Engineer, Python/Data
- Candidate must be located in: Remote - Germany
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
SmartRecruiters enables Hiring Without Boundaries™ by freeing talent acquisition teams from legacy applicant tracking software. SmartRecruiters’ next-generation platform serves as the hiring operating system for 4,000 customers like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa. Companies with business-critical hiring needs turn to SmartRecruiters for best-of-breed functionality, world-class support, and a robust ecosystem of third-party applications and service providers.
We are looking for an experienced Python Engineer to join our Data Intelligence group that builds innovative, data-driven recruiting products. You’ll be working closely with our team of data scientists to scale up applications powered by NLP and Machine Learning models. You’ll be responsible for implementing and maintaining high-volume pipelines for processing HR data. Together with our dedicated DevOps team, you ensure a seamless integration of new services into the existing infrastructure, at enterprise-level service reliability.
We partner and collaborate with R&D leaders, product managers, designers, and engineers to design and develop data-driven solutions that have the power to significantly change the way people find career opportunities, and how companies hire the best talent. Our products are used by a large number of customers and affect the experience of millions of job candidates.
As a key member of our team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help us achieve our goals using cutting-edge technology.
What you will do:
- Participate in the full life-cycle of the product (including ideation, problem discovery, prototyping, design, implementation, and measuring adoption)
- Design and develop services with Python on top of Kubernetes/AWS infrastructure as well as connect to our persistence layer (Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Build and document developer-friendly RESTful APIs
- Design and build data pipelines that can handle high-load
- And the most important - bring your own product ideas to life
You will work with passionate people (our Engineering teams are located in Berlin and Krakow) so that altogether we can reach one of the most important goals of today - to connect people to jobs at scale.
- Experience in back-end development using Python microservices, working with modern RESTful APIs, and designing a persistence layer (Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience within Data Engineering, Data Warehouse, ETL/ELT areas
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS, containerization software (Docker/Kubernetes), and monitoring/analysis tools (Kibana/Grafana/Prometheus)
- Basic knowledge of Java and Node.js
- Good understanding of test automation techniques because our goal is to automate it all
- Nice to have: experience in building data pipelines using Kafka/Kafka streams/ksqlDB
- Very good level of English (both verbal and written)
- Sharing of SmartRecruiters's values and willingness to make an impact in the HRTech world
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.