- Candidate must be located in: Remote - United Kingdom
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
Are you an analytical and inquisitive mind with exceptional account management skills? If so, we want you! At SmartRecruiters, we're looking for individuals who are passionate about SEO and want to use their skills to make a real impact. Why? Because our customers rely on us to develop digital talent attraction strategies that help them find top talent in their market.
As part of our expanding Search Marketing Team - spanning SEO, content marketing and digital advertising - you’ll be responsible for your own SEO accounts and directly drive results for our customers. These customers range from boutique agencies to global household names, and everything in between. So one morning you’ll be working closely with small talent acquisition teams in the hospitality industry, and in the afternoon you’ll be guiding multi-national marketing teams in the engineering space.
We're not looking for cookie-cutter marketers. This is your chance to put your own stamp on the service we deliver to our customers while growing your skills and experience alongside a high-performing team.
- Track progress against agreed performance objectives. To achieve this, you will:
- Narrow in on page-one ranking opportunities in Google and other search engines and track this performance
- Increase traffic to customers’ sites month-on-month and year-on-year, focusing on relevancy and quality
- Improve specific keyword rankings month-on-month and year-on-year
- Deliver more than just numbers - share the impact of your SEO efforts with our customers through thoughtful emails, check-ins, and review meetings
- Offer unparalleled guidance and direction to help customers navigate the ever-changing digital landscape
- Be the driving force behind our SEO and content marketing efforts, always staying on the lookout for new approaches and creative solutions to help our customers succeed
- Lead the SEO strategies for a portfolio of 5-7 customers, depending on size. You’ll drive their online presence to new heights by:
- Landing page creation
- Optimising page titles and meta descriptions to improve the CTR
- Improving the internal link structure
- Keyword research and monitoring
- Optimising content
- Navigation review
- Canonical tag review
- Improving the overall site health
- Take charge of onboarding new clients, partnering with our paid advertising expert and content creators to establish a cohesive search marketing plan that sets the tone for a successful partnership
- Support the seamless launch for new SmartRecruiters career sites, setting up analytics accounts, implementing redirects, and tracking both traffic and conversions
- Engage customers in productive and insightful review meetings, showcasing the impact of your SEO work and providing guidance on how to continually improve their search presence
- Keep a vigilant eye on customer delivery and promptly escalate any issues to ensure a positive customer experience
- Be a driving force in evolving our SEO strategy, always remaining on the lookout for new ways of doing things and implementing new ideas with passion and conviction
- The ability to transform technical issues into clear and concise language that non-technical customers can easily understand and technical staff can smoothly implement
- An analytical and inquisitive mind that can spot trends and opportunities for our customers and take the initiative to proactively act on them
- A team player who shares their knowledge and innovative ideas to benefit our customers and elevate our team's performance
- A confident communicator at all levels, with excellent written and spoken English skills, and a relentless attention to detail.
- A strong numeracy skillset that enables your to make sense of the data and drive meaningful results
- A passion for continuous learning and development. We'll offer both internal and external training opportunities to support your growth.
- High levels of commercial awareness and acumen to achieve business objectives
- Adhere to SmartRecruiters brand guidelines in all internal and external communications.
- An excellent understanding of where SEO fits into the digital marketing mix and its relationship with content marketing and paid advertising
- 2-4 years of experience working in an advertising, digital or PR agency
- Understanding of how to manage customer expectations against agreed business objectives. You’ll know when to push back and when to accept constructive criticism
- Intermediate use of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Semrush
- Experience using Screaming Frog, Looker Studio and Google Tag Manager is desirable
- Skilled at building bridges across departments to deliver exceptional customer service and achieve business goals
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.