Product Designer - Design Systems Team
- Candidate must be located in: Remote - Germany
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
As part of SmartRecruiters’ Design Systems team you will ensure the excellence and quality of our products. Using your extensive knowledge in product design, systems thinking, and platform best practices, you will diplomatically evangelize and educate designers and engineers on best practices. You will help bring SmartRecruiters’ product language to the next level, by actively contributing to component design, providing specifications and establishing guidelines. You will support fellow designers who work in product teams designers by analyzing, identifying and eliminating defects in their Figma designs during the refinement phase of their projects.
What you’ll deliver
- Design flexible, consistent components based on our guidelines
- Establish, maintain and evolve internal guidelines
- Work with the design systems team on development of components and maintain high quality standards by being actively involved in the development and review process of components
- Establish and evolve design tools and standards
- Remain up-to-date & well versed on all platform guidelines including, but not limited to, WCAG (accessibility guidelines), Apple’s HIG, Google’s Material Design / Android
- Evangelize and educate designers and engineers on external and internal best practices
- Analyze, identify and eliminate defects in designer Figma designs pre-design to engineering handoff
- Research new technologies and practices to consistently and continuously improve the design system and thus leverage the productivity of designers and engineers
- 5+ years of experience in product design, at least 2+ years in systems design
- Knowledgeable in all best-in-class native & web guidelines
- Experience in WCAG Accessibility Guidelines
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, Mobile Web, etc.)
- Master best practices for creating components and managing libraries in Figma
- Excellence in craft and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.