Head of Account Management (Remote)
- 1111 Atlanta, GA, Atlanta, GA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
We are looking for a Head of Account Management to lead our fast-growing Account Management team. This is a new position reporting to North American Sales Leadership. You will be primarily responsible for growing and developing a team of Account Managers focused on driving value, retention, and growth within our existing account base. This is an excellent opportunity to lead our Account Management team to maximize annual recurring revenue and ensure customer retention and overall account health.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Lead, grow, and develop an Account Management team that oversees our clients ranging from SMB to Fortune 500 companies, with our largest segment centered around Large Enterprise accounts.
- Leverage data to coach the Account Management team to exceed expansion and retention targets
- Drive healthy expansion of existing accounts and maintain a low churn rate through strong customer relationships at all levels of the customer organization.
- Lead lifecycle management for each account by understanding the nuances of the buying cycle, including buyer journey (how they buy, why they buy, when they buy), procurement, legal, and contracts process, budget process, spending limits, procurement thresholds, and sole source options.
- Identify expansion opportunities, potential issues and churn risk within accounts and work proactively with the wider business to take timely and effective action to eliminate risk.
- Inform the strategy and design of the Account Management organization, including processes and best practices for each customer segment.
- Determine critical activities needed for each type of customer, to ensure healthy retention and growth of the account base.
- Serve as coach to the team and an escalation point, provide troubleshooting and reconciliation of both internal and external escalations.
- Develop and manage ongoing executive sponsorship program to ensure strong long term business relationships
- 5 plus years of management experience, including at least 3 years heading a successful account management organization in an enterprise software environment.
- Proven success exceeding both expansion and retention targets
- Provide continuous mentorship and development of the Account Management team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new AMs.
- Experience managing and negotiating a wide range of customer accounts, from SMB ($20K ACV) to enterprise ($1M+ ACV).
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic and operating plans for an Account Management department for long-term scale to include defining and optimizing processes.
- Strong empathy for customers combined with a passion for revenue and growth.
- Highly collaborative and able to build strong cross-functional partnerships with Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance.
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision internally and externally.
- Strong execution skills and the ability to drive action and accountability.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment.
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.