Lead Software Engineer, Frontend
- Wilhelmstraße 118, 10963 Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
Our engineering team solves one of the most important problems of the modern economy - connecting great people with great jobs. We believe this problem can only be solved with technology, and we developed a software platform that has supported over 100M job seekers to date (with 5M joining every month). We are looking for a frontend engineer to help us build the next chapter of that vision. You may be located anywhere in Germany or Poland and work remotely or out of one of our hub offices.
We designed our R&D structure based on the empowered product teams model. It means our teams are responsible for business outcomes and have autonomy in solving problems in the way that “customers love yet works for the business” (yes, we are heavily influenced by this and this).
The graphic interface of our system is based on micro frontends architecture that consists of dozens of applications built using modern technologies: Angular, React, and Node.js. Shared pieces of the system are built using web components. We have a strong CI/CD culture, and we currently run 40 production deployments per engineer per month.
What you’ll deliver:
- Contribute to a full life-cycle of the product (including problem discovery, prototyping, design, implementation, and measuring adoption)
- Design and develop software with Angular or React, and Node.js as a backend for frontend
- Work closely with designers to build rich end-to-end user experiences
- Collaborate with other experience and platform teams
- While not strictly required we see most of our Lead Engineers have 8+ years of professional experience
- Hands-on experience with clean code and clean architecture principles
- Experience in technical leadership, setting technical direction, and ability to design and enforce best software engineering practices (regarding e.g. testing, code reviews, design documents)
- Experience in supporting end-to-end product lifecycle (from product discovery, solutioning, system design, implementation, production rollout, and optimization)
- Proficiency with Node.js ecosystem
- Experience in designing, developing, and operating complex web-based distributed systems (spanning across multiple teams or supporting functional and non-functional requirements).
- Deep understanding of multiple parts of the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, caching, security, debugging, memory profiling)
- Deep understanding of accessibility, usability, and performance of a browser-based user experience.
- Operational experience – instrumenting code and monitoring the errors, metrics, and analytics of large-scale web applications.
- Experience in CI/CD
- Great communication skills with a good understanding of English, both verbal and written
- Willingness and ability to coach and mentor other engineers
- Comfortable giving demos and presentations
- Java know-how would be of advantage
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.