Remote Operations Manager
- 8 Devonshire Square, London EC2M 4PL, UK
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
This role, within the Remote Operations team, will play a key role in our mission to enable our teams with the flexibility and autonomy to work where, when, and how they need to contribute their absolute best. In this position, you’ll help us think remote work the right way and support our exciting transition to a ‘remote-first’ company.
Act as the primary point of contact for EMEA (UK, FR, Spain) based employees for any hybrid office, wework or remote-related questions
Manage the inventory and day-to-day delivery of our remote operation propositions
Support laptops deliveries and hardware management
Help manage our swag program, be the first point of contact for EMEA Smartians regarding their swag orders (yes, we’d like to think that our Smartians should be able to dress the Smartian way and we even have our own store!)
Create a fun, efficient and organized workplace by planning and maintaining our social routines (virtual events, meet-ups, onsite parties, happy hours, workshops and much more), guide our internal events to support a combination of distributed and office-based teams and people
Understand that our people come first and everything we do is to make their experience better
Spearhead the creation of a high performance remote working culture by developing remote-first operating guidelines, norms, and policies for the company and ensuring that policies fit with the culture of the offices you oversee
Create documentation and playbooks to illustrate all processes and procedures that we should guide people on as a business
Be the voice of the distributed worker, ensuring they all feel included
*Be based in the London area to work from our London WeWork office on a regular basis: Once or twice a week.
- Well organized and flexible
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Fluent English
- Google Suite and Slack
- Attention to detail and ability to work with deadline
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and follow priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proactive approach & can do attitude
- You are not afraid of testing new ideas/tools and are ready to challenge the expected
- Someone who is upbeat, flexible and excited by fast pace (seriously fast) and not scared by quick decision making (and decision changing) processes.
- Be happy to roll up your sleeves and work on multiple tasks at once
- Be someone who is organized and structured, but creative at the same time
- Are keen to work in a global environment, across different time zones and have prior experience with that
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.