Senior/Lead Software Engineer - Developer Experience
- Wilhelmstraße, Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer with a focus on Developer Experience to join our team and help us drive awesome experience and productivity across our whole Engineering organization. This role is for you if you are keen on architecting/building/optimizing things and knowledge sharing to help colleagues around be efficient. You will be working on challenging problems in a fast-growing microservice-based architecture system and have a real impact on the R&D organization. You will join the Reliability & Platform Engineering org - a group of talented engineers working remotely or in Krakow and Berlin offices.
What you will do
- Design, develop, test and deploy various critical components of our platform
- Promote created solutions across our entire engineering organization
- Influence the productivity of the whole engineering organization by creating new and optimizing existing standards, tools, and core services
- Optimize our continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Document and advocate standards, best practices, and policies
- Cooperate with other teams from various locations including Berlin, Kraków and San Francisco in different cycles of development
- Great commercial experience in Java and/or JS/TS/Node.js
- Good analytical skills
- Experience in working with SQL language and relational databases
- Experience in designing and building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix shell scripting
- Familiarity with modern distributed systems architectures and patterns
- Familiarity with test automation techniques
- Great communication skills with good understanding of English, both verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Experience in Go
- Experience in Python
- Experience in working with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes systems
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.