Marketing Operations Manager
- 225 Bush St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
The Marketing Operations Manager will be responsible for the execution of marketing campaigns to the customers who use our products to run their businesses. This team member will serve a vital role in managing campaigns to keep them moving forward while maintaining the integrity of every communication. This Manager will create timelines, manage the QA process, coordinate across multiple stakeholders, execute campaigns, and monitor operations metrics.
The Marketing Operations team sits within our broader Revenue Operations team and is responsible for scaling and deepening SmartRecruiters’ relationship with both our prospects and customers. We use scalable channels to increase their engagement with SmartRecruiters, and to make them aware of new products, services, and features. We run engagement, up-sell, cross-sell, and education campaigns every day across multiple channels including email, direct mail, social, and in-product. We are data-driven in everything we do, carefully testing and measuring all of our communications.
What You’ll Deliver
Provide Sales Support & CRM Management (50%)
- Marketing automation (Marketo)
Build and QA email templates for SmartRecruiter-owned communications, as well as partner marketing opportunities (ie ETA or partner email)
Lead Scoring and Routing (Marketo & LeadData)
Help lead qualification process by routing leads, pruning incoming traffic for spam/irrelevant content, on inbound leads from the SmartRecruiter website
Leverage the CRM (Salesforce)
Look for opportunities where automation + software could help streamline day-to-day sales team interactions
Collaborate with the sales team to establish business workflows and optimize processes.
Create & Publish Marketing Assets (20%)
Work with the Demand Generation team to coordinate the publication of regular marketing communications, including email newsletters and web content. Set timelines, deadlines, and follow up with colleagues and external stakeholders to keep projects on track.
Collaborate with a team of freelancers (i.e. design and copy) to obtain new assets and implement them in existing templates.
Reporting and Analytics (10%)
Create reporting dashboards
Assist the Demand Generation team to gain insights and interpret results of marketing activities
Adjust KPIs and integrations as needed
Manage Marketing Platforms (20%)
Manage SmartRecrutiers brand presence on ad platforms (Google, LinkedIn)
Own timelines for refreshing of creative and submitting new briefs in consultation with the Director of Demand Generation, as needed.
Ensure ad spend is consistent with our budget
Work with the Sr. Manager of Web Development to build landing pages for one-off events
Work with Sr. Manager of Revenue Systems to troubleshoot problems with infrastructure when they arise
ie when our partners block our emails, or when a Salesforce integration breaks
- Experience with email service providers, primarily Marketo, and with CRM (Salesforce)..
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in an operational role involving task planning and execution
- An interest in and basic understanding of email marketing. You get excited about things like subject lines and calls to action (we do!)
- Excellent communication skills. You can work cross-functionally with various types of teams
- Razor-sharp attention to detail with an interest in defining and improving operational processes
- Ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to accommodate emerging responsibilities and last-minute changes, but ability to push back when necessary
- An ability to deliver results whether working independently or as part of a team
- An ability to keep yourself on schedule with little to no supervision
- An ability to own and manage the execution of campaigns from front to back, including taking initiative to troubleshoot errors, and assess and initiate improvements to the execution process
- Experience in B2B marketing, with exposure to both small and medium-sized businesses
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience working with multi-channel campaigns across email, push, in-app, web display ads, direct mail, etc.
- Experience using project management and issue tracking tools (Asana, Basecamp, JIRA, Trello, etc.)
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.