Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineering Platform Team
- Wilhelmstraße, Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering Platform team. At SmartRecruiters we strongly believe that making data-informed decisions and building data-driven products is the best way to create software that our users would love. As a member of the Data Engineering Platform team you will contribute to our mission to become a data driven-company by evolving an internal distributed data processing system used to capture, process, store and serve data collected from all corners of the organisation to support our business partners.
What you’ll deliver:
- Have a real impact on the roadmap.
- Be a member of an autonomous team of skilled and passionate engineers.
- Contribute to a full life-cycle of the product (including problem discovery, prototyping, design,
- implementation, and measuring adoption).
- Build services with Java / Kotlin on top of Kubernetes/AWS/GCP infrastructure.
- Build developer-friendly RESTful APIs.
- Provide high-quality code reviews.
- Cooperate with other teams from various locations including Berlin, Kraków, and San Francisco in different cycles of development.
- 3 - 5 + years of professional experience in Java development. Other programming languages are a plus
- Good understanding of relational database concepts (schema design, transactions, indexes). Experience with non-relational databases would be a plus.
- Understanding of distributed systems design (design for failure, eventual consistency, asynchronous communication, circuit breaking, timeouts, etc.)
- Strong collaboration and English communication skills
- Familiarity with technologies we use would be a plus (AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Java, Groovy, Kotlin, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Kafka).
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.