GL Financial Accountant
- Fabryczna 20A, 31-553 Kraków, Poland
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
Responsible for SmartRecruiters entities including local accounting, reporting, process and compliance activities. Take ownership of all GL related matters, ensuring adherence to corporate guidelines and policies as well as local rules and procedures.
- Manage the daily US GAAP general accounting and the monthly close of books according to Company deadlines
- Work proactively on revenue recognition process. Own issues resolution and documentation for the entity
- Manage and update internal processes and manuals (e.g. internal control system)
- Support local business and key stakeholders on understanding results and analysing variances
- Ensure all the accounts are analysed and reconciled within agreed deadlines, including inter-company balances.
- Bank movements booking & reconciliation.
- Payroll booking based on files provided by an external outsourced company.
- Prepare the annual Statutory Accounts for audit purposes.
- Own VAT compliance and reconciliation to the local books.
- Min. 4-6 years of relevant experience in accounting.
- Fluency in English. German, French wil be an advantage.
- NetSuite experience, excell and Google Sheets will be considered as a plus.
- Very good teamwork skills and positive, proactive attitude
- Sense of urgency, and an absolute commitment in achieving their goals.
- Process driven and organised, with sufficient flexibility to accommodate ad hoc requests.
- Highly motivated individual capable of a strong and quick action on issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.