Design Manager/ Lead
- Wilhelmstraße, Berlin, Germany
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
You may be located anywhere in Germany, the UK, the East Coast of the US, and work remotely or out of one of our hub offices in the countries mentioned above.
We are looking for an experienced people leader who can drive design vision, manage big initiatives, help push our product to the next level, and grow the design organization. Our team is highly collaborative, fuelled by excellence, and pushes for innovation.
What you’ll deliver
- You will scale and manage a team of 3-6 product designers and be responsible for their growth
- You will bring strong viewpoints to the table and drive inspiration through innovation
- You will mindfully scale our product to grow with our design system and brand
- You will be able to attract, select, and retain a group of diverse high-quality designers
- You will foster an atmosphere of trust, inclusion, and purpose
- You will create and drive design vision and strategy for your product area and collaborate with other senior leaders to execute on it
- You will develop a solid understanding of the SmartRecruiters platform and proactively contribute ideas for experience improvements
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design
- 3+ years of design management experience
- Proven ability to turn complex product design problems into intuitive solutions
- Full comfort with user research, design systems, and agile methodologies
- An expert eye for detail, excellent communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in a startup-like environment with iterative, value-driven product releases
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.