General Ledger Manager
- Fabryczna 20A, 31-553 Kraków, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
We are currently looking for top talent professionals that find work challenging and help us to build our in-house GL (General Ledger) department to support the company's growth. We are looking for a GL Team Leader that is self-motivated and works well in a team setting. You will be a part of the finance team supporting the Director of Accounting in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting department.
You will be responsible for the accurate and timely review and compilation of general ledger accounting for US as well as European (Poland, UK, France, Germany) entities. You will work closely with our external partners to ensure all local requirements are met for each SmartRecruiters entity.
If you possess - passion, self-starter, excellent communication skills, flexibility, excellent vision, and confidence we want to talk to you!
What you’ll deliver:
- Be responsible for daily operations of the GL department, perform monthly/quarterly close processes, and ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of all financial data
- Regular review of entity P&L and Balance Sheets for countries in-scope
- Efficient and timely completion and filing of all statutory reporting obligations
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Support internal and external audit processes
- Setting, maintaining accounting policies and execution and the creations of new processes to support efficiencies
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts
- Leading, motivating and supporting the team to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Liaising with external accounting and tax providers
- Ensure deadlines are met in accordance with company’s policies and procedures
- Partner closely with various internal teams to support monthly variance analysis, and ensure that there are no out of balances for the month-end closing
- 5-7 years of experience in a corporate, international GL Dep
- Team management experience or aspiring leader
- Experience in a supervisory role within an accounting team will be considered an asset
- Experience in accounting / audit / Tax / compliance and statutory financial reporting
- Improvement-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated, confident self-starter with a proactive approach
- Experience in managing & building an effective team
- Understand the full cycle of accounting and payroll
- You handle ERP accounting systems (NetSuite) and Excel smoothly
- Are a team player, ready for fast grow, flexible, proactive and enjoying the fact when you can really make a difference for the whole organization
- Ability to work in an intense and multinational work environment
- Mature attitude towards challenges and problem solving
- Have great communication skills in English - knowing French or German would be a great advantage
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.