Director, Corporate Communications (Remote)
- 225 Bush St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
As the Director of Corporate Communications at SmartRecruiters, you are responsible for internal and external communications strategy and execution for a SaaS company on a path to IPO, leading a small but mighty team poised for growth.
Under your leadership, the team will take advantage of the active market discussion around talent to drive thought leadership, increase brand awareness, and positively influence perceptions of SmartRecruiters among business leaders, recruiters, and hiring managers. You’ll also be responsible for working with the SmartRecruiters’ leadership team to drive employee engagement and internal communications that keep the team informed and inspired.
What you will deliver:
- A motivated and world-class Comms team, starting as small and mighty but ready to scale
- Collaborate with leaders and subject matter experts across SmartRecruiters to curate and land stories that drive impact; identify media storylines mapping to SmartRecruiters business and insert the company into these industry discussions
- Lead the communications for all company announcements and product launches
- Oversee company and CEO social content and engagement
- Identify and grow relationships with business, tech, industry, regional, and broadcast media
- Manage PR agencies from contract to briefing to execution
- Lead communications reporting and measurement; use analysis to adjust strategies for greater impact
- Write and edit press announcements, external blogs, social copy, and other content
- Lead internal communications, working closely with senior executives to craft messages and distribute through internal channels like Slack and email, to ensure all Smartians are kept informed and motivated
- Lead an exec comms program that shapes the narratives of key executives and amplifies their reputation
- Drive communications for reputation and issues management
- Showcase SmartRecruiters’ rich ecosystem through joint PR activities and programs
- Lead third party awards and recognition programs including research and applications
- Act as a trusted advisor to a wide range of people, from SmartRecruiters executives, to technical leaders and spokespeople, prepare them for media briefings and shape messages for their target audiences
- 8 to 10 years of PR and communications experience with proven results in landing big stories and driving news at scale
- Experience in B2B SaaS and/or HRTech is a plus
- Excellent storytelling and writing skills; ability to identify and extract stories from subject matter experts and work with them to simplify the complex
- Ability to execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating good judgment and professionalism under pressure
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and urgency, someone who drives results
- Works collaboratively, emphasizing open communication, authenticity and transparency
- Experience managing both in-house and agency resources
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.