Chief Privacy Officer
- Wilhelmstraße 118, 10963 Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
Privacy and Compliance are critical, complex, and evolving components in the recruiting industry. As a leader in the Talent Acquisition space, we refuse to make our 4,000 customers and 100 Million candidates choose between digital evolution and privacy and security. We pride ourselves on being thought leaders in all areas of Talent Acquisition and Data Privacy is no exception.
As Chief Privacy Officer you will be instrumental in ensuring our product and technical offering exceeds the global privacy regulatory requirements of our business and consumer customers. If you are passionate about solving complex privacy needs and want to jump on our rocket ship to collaborate with our product, engineering, and legal teams to make privacy and compliance a competitive advantage for SmartRecruiters, this is for you.
What you will deliver:
- Build and execute our global privacy and compliance strategy based on current and evolving regulatory and customer requirements
- Serve as a subject matter expert, translating legal and privacy regulatory requirements to product and engineering teams with a user-first mindset
- Create and evaluate controls while driving organizational adaptation to ensure that all business units and functions operationalize appropriate processes and controls to comply with privacy laws and regulations
- Partner with our sales teams to make Privacy and Compliance a winning play for prospects
- Emerge as a thought leader in the market, speaking and publishing content for how privacy and compliance applies to recruiting
- Engage our customer community to educate, support and help them achieve high degrees of privacy and compliance
- Anticipate risks and blockages, ensure a robust escalation process and maintain confidentiality.
- Engage with data protection authorities and policymakers to maintain sustainable, scalable, and global approaches to sophisticated data privacy protection needs
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on all aspects of data protection
- Proven expert in global privacy laws, regulations, standard methodologies, and trends related to the protection of information and privacy
- Proven experience and in-depth understanding of relevant guidelines and regulations (GDPR, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, and PII).
- CIPP/CIPM/CIPT or similar certificates are required
- Previous experience developing, executing, and managing privacy and compliance strategy in a sophisticated enterprise with global operations
- Fluent in translating legal advice into meaningful guidance for an innovative product, engineering, security, and business teams
- Passion for and/or experience with technology and working with product leaders to guide product roadmaps
- Prioritizes building strong relationships with cross-functional partners to establish the company as a leader in privacy, given SmartRecruiters a competitive advantage
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate to all organizational levels
- Good knowledge of the HR/Recruitment industry is highly preferred
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.