DevOps Engineer - Regular/Senior/Lead
- Fabryczna 20A, 31-553 Kraków, Poland
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
Did you ever want to challenge software/scaling problems that Facebook had in its early stages? If you think that these kinds of challenges are exciting then you are most welcome to join our team in Kraków.
- Make our development team more effective by building scripts and automation solutions
- Define, develop, and implement monitoring methodologies to gain improvements in platform's efficiency and scalability
- Improve our deployment and release processes
- Respond to client threats and remediate issues
- Mentor members of the engineering team
- Document standards, best practices, and policies
- Co-operate with our San Francisco based team in different cycles of product development
- You will work with technologies like: AWS, Docker (Kubernetes), HashiCorp tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault,...), Chef, Ansible, SQL and NoSQL databases, Nginx, ...
This offer is for you, if:
- You like working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You want to experience the atmosphere of a startup (you know what we are talking about if you have seen the movie: "The Social Network")
- You are a fan of web, technology, and new tech trends
- You are the type of a person who wants not only to have your ideas heard but see them put into action
- Relevant experience as Infrastructure/System Administrator, SRE, Cloud Engineer
- Strong linux administration experience (Ubuntu preferred)
- In-depth experience with AWS (EC2, ALB/ELB/NLB, VPC, SG, ASG, Elasticache, RDS, IAM, AMI, Lambda)
- Configuration management using Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Kubernetes experience (administration, configuration, debugging, writing manifests) (EKS or self-hosted)
- Ability to write scripts and simple applications using Python or Ruby
- Experience with infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Web server experience with Nginx or Apache
- Experience with distributed systems
- Strong communication skills, with a good understanding of English, both verbal and written
Nice to haves:
- Gitops (Flux+Kustomize, Helm, or similiar)
- Monitoring systems experience (ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Sensu)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools Vault, Consul, Packer
- Administration of Solr, Mongo and Elasticsearch clusters
- Software engineering/dev background
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.