Backend Software Engineer - Candidate Experience Team (Regular, Senior, Lead)
- Wilhelmstraße 118, 10963 Berlin, Germany
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
We are looking for a talented backend engineer to join our amazing Candidate Experience Team! Candidate Experience Team is responsible for creating products used by 2 million job seekers each month. Our goal is to make the application experience as friendly as possible and we believe technology is a critical part of achieving this.
What you will do:
- Participate in a full life-cycle of the product (including problem discovery, prototyping, design, implementation and measuring adoption)
- Design and develop services with Java / Node.js (Express, Nest.js) on top of Kubernetes/AWS infrastructure
- Design and connect to our persistence layer (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Build developer-friendly RESTful APIs
- Cooperate with San Francisco and Krakow-based teams.
- Bring your own product ideas to life
- Work with passionate people and solve one of the most important problems of a modern economy - hiring great people
- Experience in developing backend services using Java or Node.js
- Experience in designing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience in designing efficient persistence layer (PostgreSQL)
- Good understanding of test automation techniques
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes
- Very good level of English (both verbal and written).
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.