Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Wilhelmstraße, Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
This opportunity allows you to work with our largest enterprise customers, candidates, data privacy institutions, and internal teams. You will be responsible for the following activities:
- Make Data Privacy a competitive advantage by engaging prospects, customers and supporting sales teams with excellent messaging and documentation
- Partner with product and legal teams to maintain compliant solution while minimising user impact
- Provide privacy training and ensure that adequate awareness is provided
- Set up proper ticketing and escalation processes to manage all privacy requests and respond to escalation/crisis
- Conduct data protection audits and DPIAs, provide risk assessments, and monitor their performance
- Be an amazing Smartian that exemplifies our values and everybody loves working with daily
We expect the competencies in the following areas:
- Expertise in national and European data protection laws and practices, and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Good understanding of Data Privacy legislation in other required countries outside of EU (Canada, China, Russia, Australia, etc.)
- CIPP/CIPM/CIPT or similar certificates are required
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the HR/Recruitment industry
- Good understanding of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Good understanding of Cloud services
- Good understanding of data security
- Speaks fluent English
- Nice to have: German language
- Leadership, decision making and project management experience;
- Communication & Marketing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Incident management skills
- Nice to have: Auditor experience
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.