Compensation & Benefits Manager
- Wilhelmstraße, Berlin, Germany
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
We have great ambitions: and to succeed we need our first ever Compensation and Benefits Manager! You would join a growing People team based in Krakow, San Francisco, Berlin, Paris and a few other remote team members. You will report to the Director of Employee Experience and will own a global scope.
In your first 3 months:
- You will analyse the existing processes and suggest recommendations
- You will work with the team on defining the right sources for external benchmarks, and start working on a common frame that can scale to budget new roles that are opened
- You will work with the HRBP to understand how our existing pay band work, and build your recommendations based on those conversations
- You will review our set of benefits and compare them with market standards wherever applicable
In for your first 6 months:
- You will prepare the upcoming merit review cycle and work with the HRBPs on a unified and easy frame
- You will review our compensation principles and assess our alignment with those principles to suggest recommendations
- You will start owning the hiring plan budgeting process to make recommendations and identify potential gaps within teams
- You will run an internal fairness review to ensure we are taking the right decisions
- You are able to work almost exclusively in English
- You have succeeded in a growing environment, ideally having built a compensation and benefits structure in the past
- Ability to challenge and be challenged!
- You are known for your work ethic and sense of fairness in the way you operate
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proactive approach & can do attitude
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.