Head of DevOps
- Fabryczna 20A, 31-553 Kraków, Poland
At SmartRecruiters, our mission is to connect people with jobs at scale. That’s why we’ve built our modern Talent Acquisition Platform to help companies hire the best talent and to help people find a job they love!
Our platform is used by hiring teams of Twitter, Visa, Ubisoft, or McDonald’s. We also helped over 50 million candidates through their job search journey.
We understand that working hard means you should play hard too, that’s why we offer a competitive salary, generous equity, and strong career progression opportunities. We enjoy a collaborative environment that spans offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Krakow, Paris, London, and Spokane. This is a casual and pet-friendly place. Enjoy catered meals, unlimited snacks, philanthropic activities, and much more. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of.
As the Head of DevOps, you will lead the DevOps team and will be responsible for driving DevOps culture, advancing automation, improving lean practices, measuring platform’s key indicators, sharing the knowledge (CALMS). You will work with the business and engineering leaders to make sure you oversee and implement a system capable of meeting the goals of the business. This role requires strong technical skills.
What you will do:
- Provide technical vision and leadership for the DevOps team
- Provide people management for the DevOps team
- Refine and drive DevOps culture for the whole organization
- Collaborate with product engineering and architecture teams to pursue highly available and highly reliable systems
- Ensure the platform maintains high availability and consistent high performance.
- Take ownership of production issues and drive escalations.
- Drive creation of rock-solid monitoring system that predicts, detects, informs and alerts both SmartRecruiters and Customers
- Ensure great level of platform’s cyber-security
- Contribute to creation of Disaster Recovery procedures and documentation
- Contribute to the automation roadmap (i.e. improvements to Continuous Integration and Delivery)
- Scale out our production and testing infrastructures to support the needs of a growing customer base
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors in order to provide best possible uptime of our platform
- Manage and optimize hosting budget
- Evangelize other team members
- Cooperate with our Berlin and San Francisco based teams in different cycles of product development
- 7+ years experience building and running a high volume consumer-facing applications
- Experience in managing a team of DevOps engineers
- Great knowledge of people management
- Demonstrable experience dealing with high volume data/high load Linux environments
- Experience in running DevOps culture organisations
- Experience managing highly responsive data infrastructure (Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, redis, memcached, mysql, etc.)
- Experience managing redundant systems (IP/DNS, Geolocation, Active/Disaster Recovery)
- Good understanding of network and systems security
- Good application cyber-security understanding is a plus
- Good understanding of distributed systems architecture is a plus
- Good understanding of DevOps culture and best practices
- Good understanding of the time/place for cloud based solutions in a HA environment (AWS)
- Experience in ISO 27001 compliant organization is a plus
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors
- Excellent communicator
- Ideally experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
SmartRecruiters has transformed the hiring process by reducing the stress that comes along with attracting, finding, engaging, and hiring new talent. Leading enterprises like IKEA, Visa, Marc Jacobs, and Square have abandoned their outdated Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), for our all-in-one platform. What once started as a freemium product, has now turned into the world’s fastest growing enterprise solution.
We are a fast growing, series D funded ($50M from Insight) start-up on a mission to IPO. If you're looking to surround yourself with bright and passionate individuals that drive you to be your best - you've found the right place! Our transparent and entrepreneurial environment allows you to feel supported, grow your career, and have fun along the way. Everyone is encouraged to be the CEO of their job. This empowers individuals to own their role and have the confidence to explore and implement new ideas. SmartRecruiters believes in promotion from within, so high performance leads to upward mobility.
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.