Product Manager - API Platform
- 225 Bush St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
At SmartRecruiters, we believe that people are the heart of an organization. That’s why we’ve built our modern Talent Acquisition Platform to help companies hire the best talent! In 7 years, we expanded our customer base to 4000 companies in every industry and continent and have given transparency and feedback to millions of candidates on their applications.
We offer a competitive salary, generous equity, and strong career progression opportunities. We enjoy a collaborative environment that spans offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Krakow, Paris, London, and Spokane. This is a casual and pet-friendly place. We pride ourselves for being a product first organization, and we’re looking to grow our product team!
We are looking for an outstanding product manager to join our team and help drive the evolution of our developer platform and APIs.
You will build an API platform that supports Global enterprises to create an integrated recruiting experience, enable 3rd party partners to connect & offer their solutions in our marketplace, and provide app developers with a great experience.
You want to have a meaningful impact. Your product will be used at scale: Recruiting teams at thousands of enterprise companies and millions of candidates will benefit from your work. You will launch new products to support our mission of connecting people to jobs at scale.
You want to work with a great team. You’ll join a supportive, diverse group of talented product managers, designers and engineers in Berlin, San Francisco and Krakow. We are looking for someone who will bring their quirkiness to the table, enjoys collaborating over technology innovation, and is excited to tackle hard problems.
In the first 60 days you will:
- Go through the Smartian onboarding program.
- Meet fellow product, design and engineering teams (will require travel to Europe).
- Shadow our support and our sales engineering teams on customer calls.
- Get introduced to your first project.
In the first 90 days you will:
- Kickoff your first project, understand user goals, clarify jobs to be done, develop success metrics and ultimately work on your first product spec.
- Partner with a product designer to do user research, prototype and test design solutions with users.
- Partner with an engineering lead to understand the problem to be solved, break down scope, set milestones and understand the technical solution.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Take your first project from inception to launch.
- Implement success metrics, and track adoption and engagement at launch.
- Partner with the product marketing team to develop launch messaging and plan.
Are you product manager who enjoys tackling both strategy and day-to-day execution, and are ready to roll up your sleeves on day one? We would like to hear from you.
- Self-starter with an appetite and ability to own a large part of the product.
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty to help customers and partners troubleshoot bugs and integrations.
- Technical understanding or openness to learn about large distributed systems, API technology and infrastructure.
- Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions on technical product challenges.
- Experience building integrations, partnering with 3rd party developers or customer developers, or building app ecosystems/marketplaces.
- Ability to turn complexity and uncertainty into clarity and action.
- Empathy and active listening
- Proven leadership skills.
- Penchant for data-informed decision-making
- Good grasp of both user experience and developer experience.
- Ability to collaborate and lead across multiple teams on complex projects.
- Aspiration to be an excellent colleague and teammate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Bonus points for:
- Product management experience at a SaaS or B2B start-up.
- Familiarity with recruiting technology landscape.
- Knowing your way around a cURL request, ability to discuss WebRTC vs. webhooks vs. streaming.
- Familiarity with authentication protocols. e.g. Oauth 2.0, API keys, Open ID connect.
Wondering if you need a technical degree? Many of our successful PMs do not have engineering or software backgrounds. Although we sometimes like to dive into a deep technical analysis with engineers, we believe that a learning mindset, matched with strong analytical abilities, business experience and clear communication are equally important.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage diversity of thought, age, race, gender, education, and culture. Thanks to this approach, world class enterprises like Adidas, IKEA, VISA, and Square abandoned their Application Tracking Systems for our modern talent acquisition solution. What once started as a freemium product is now one of the world's fastest growing enterprise solutions.
Our product team are champions of diversity and inclusion. Many of us have organized Meetups, written blog posts and lead diversity workshops. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team leads to better outcomes, more creative ideas and ultimately a better product.
We are a series D funded startup, backed by Insight Ventures, Mayfield, and Rembrandt. Our entrepreneurial environment will make you feel supported, grow your career, and make it a joy to go to the office. We operate on four values: CEO of your job, As One, Smarter, and Impact. We expect you to own your role, collaborate across functions, and have the confidence to bring creative ideas to life.