VP, Customer Success Management
- 225 Bush St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
SmartRecruiters is a fast-growing recruiting SaaS provider that helps companies hire the best with its industry-leading Talent Acquisition Suite.
As the hiring success company with 4,000+ customers -- including industry leaders like Bosch, LinkedIn, Twitter, Skechers, and Visa -- our belief is that people are the heart of an organization. Hiring success = business success. We offer a collaborative office environment that’s business casual and dog-friendly, with catered meals, unlimited snacks, philanthropic activities, as well as competitive salaries and equity. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of.
SmartRecruiters considers great Customer Success a strategic differentiator and believes it to be vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are able to create and recognize value from both our technology and our services offering. We believe executing against this strategy at scale requires a senior leader focused on driving excellence & efficient processes both globally and within each of our local markets. This role includes responsibilities for all Customer Success activities (e.g., account management, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.) and outcomes (e.g., renewals, up-sell, etc.) for all Customer Success team members around the world (NAMER, EMEA, APAC)
A detail of some of the key responsibilities and outcomes we will expect from this resource are outlined below.
Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn through clear processes and programs (Red Account programs, Customer Advisory Board, Customer Reference Programs etc)
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell, specifically in Hiring Success services & transformation consulting
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores leveraging our Hiring Success methodology as a baseline for their success.
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability programs and processes
- Execute a clean, efficient renewal process in partnership with our finance and legal teams.
Define and Optimize Customer Lifecycle
- Map customer journey & build processes & communication strategies in support of it
- Develop listening points in journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Standardize interventions for each point in journey
- Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement & product growth
- Learn from best practices in industry & engage with thought leaders around the changing market
Measure Effectiveness of Customer Success
- Define operational metrics for team & establish system for tracking metrics
- Create cadence for review within business & executive teams
- Identify areas of opportunity for account growth & expansion in partnership with the Account Executive & Sales Team
- Measure Red to Green Account Conversion
Lead World-class Customer Success Team
- Recruit experienced candidates for each functional role globally
- Attract high potential individual contributors into team in each of our target markets
- Create rapid onboarding process for new team members around the world
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within team
Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology
- Support post-sales operational systems
- Drive results via our Customer Education Software
- Define/Select applicable Reference and advocacy solutions
- Select & implement a Customer Success Management platform
Inspire Customer Success Across Company
- Create company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Align with Marketing around marketing & education to existing clients
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell while selling with a retention focus
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting
- Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives
- Drive company-wide definition of our ideal customer customer profile
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop
- 5+ years experience in leading customer-facing organizations
- Experience engaging with Talent Acquisition functions either as a vendor or as a practitioner
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Experience managing and designing sales process & forecasting strategies
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
SmartRecruiters has transformed the hiring process by reducing the stress that comes along with attracting, finding, engaging, and hiring new talent. Leading enterprises like IKEA, Visa, Marc Jacobs, and Square have abandoned their outdated Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), for our all-in-one platform. What once started as a freemium product, has now turned into the world’s fastest growing enterprise solution.
We are a fast growing, series C funded ($30M from Insight) start-up on a mission to IPO. If you're looking to surround yourself with bright and passionate individuals that drive you to be your best - you've found the right place! Our transparent and entrepreneurial environment allows you to feel supported, grow your career, and have fun along the way. Everyone is encouraged to be the CEO of their job. This empowers individuals to own their role and have the confidence to explore and implement new ideas. SmartRecruiters believes in promotion from within, so high performance leads to upward mobility.
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.