Director, Talent Acquisition - Stores
- Department: Store Operations
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
The Director of Talent Acquisition-Stores serves the business by playing a crucial role in shaping the strategic vision for our acquisition practices, amplifying our employment brand, and fostering strong relationships within the organization. The Director of Talent Acquisition-Stores will collaborate closely with the store leadership team including the Head of Stores, Zone Vice Presidents, District Managers and Store Managers to understand the business needs and align recruitment strategies.
What will a day in the life look like as our Director of Talent Acquisition-Stores? Below is just a sample of the contributions this key role will do to support our business.
- Set the strategic vision for talent acquisition practices to attract, engage, and retain best-in-class talent.
- Function as the face of the brand, inspiring and attracting candidates to join our organization.
- Analyze staffing needs and develop/implement effective recruitment strategies.
- Identify qualified candidates aligned with rue21’s values and job requirements.
- Provide guidance to internal clients and implement cost-effective recruitment strategies.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of recruitment processes, including candidate research, sourcing, resume screening, and interviewing skills.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive onboarding strategy for new hires, ensuring a seamless integration into the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create onboarding programs that align with company culture and values.
- Be flexible to support other functions within the store operations department as needed, including collaborating on projects, initiatives, and operational improvements.
- Adapt to changing priorities and take on new challenges to enhance store operations.
- Maintain strong partnerships with the Zone Vice Presidents to facilitate the execution of initiatives and projects and drive performance of stores.
- 10+ years of related recruiting experience.
- Prior retail experience.
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding research techniques and candidate assessment skills.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business, or a related field preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.