- Department: Marketing
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
The Graphic Designer contributes to rue21’s results by working closely with Creative team concepting and designing in-store and digital campaigns and advertising materials that creatively and consistently reflect the company's fashion-forward brand identity. A substantial degree of creativity is expected. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work within tight deadlines, are key attributes of this position.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
• Responsible for designing and developing all projects from concept to production, to include: creating original designs and developing art for point-of-purchase, presentations, advertisements, web, and creating graphics for Company presentations
• Managing multiple design projects which involves collaborating and supporting cross-functional internal business partners in creating necessary artwork related to rue21 branding initiatives
• Working closely with the Creative team on the design and production of all in-store campaigns and web assets
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
• 2-3 years of experience
• Expertise in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. After Effects would be preferred
• Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including web design, emails, branding, typography, catalog production, and retail graphics
• Prior retail experience preferred
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
• Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
Competitive compensation and bonus plan
Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Generous PTO offerings
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program - Confidential support programs for associates and families
- 40% off full price merchandise in stores and on-line
- Perks at Work – Savings program on brands, travel, dining, and more
This summary of benefits is reflective of a range of those available and may not apply to all employees.