- Department: Finance and Accounting
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
Reporting to the Tax Manager the Tax Coordinator serves the business by helping to
ensure the accurate and timely reporting of company tax obligations.
What will a day in the life look like as our Tax Coordinator? Below is just a small sample (in
no particular order) of the contributions this key role will do to support our business.
• Monitor progress of work credit data gathering and assist third party provider as
• Assist with gathering information for the preparation of annual income tax returns and
income tax accounting.
• Prepare monthly information packet for sales tax returns and work with outside
consultants to ensure accurate reporting.
• Work with outside consultants in tracking notices related to sales and use tax and
• Assist with the preparation and payment of business licenses, annual reports and
• Review property tax assessments for accuracy and prepare appeals as needed.
• Coordinate new location licenses and permits.
• Review and update location information in local jurisdictions.
• Monitor department email inbox and ensure timely responses.
• Coordinate information gathering for various tax audits.
• Search for unclaimed property for the company in all states.
• Gather information needed for preparation of unclaimed property returns.
• Assist with fiscal period closings as necessary.
• Organize and follow up on exemption certificates needed from the stores.
• Support special projects as directed.
• Coordinate and prepare a master tax calendar.
• Keeping up to date with changing state and local tax legislation.
Education and Experience
• 2-year business degree preferred.
• Strong math aptitude, analytical skills, and attention to details.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
• 2 + years tax or accounting experience.
Competitive compensation and bonus plan
Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Generous PTO offerings
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program - Confidential support programs for associates and families
- 40% off full price merchandise in stores and on-line
- Perks at Work – Savings program on brands, travel, dining, and more
This summary of benefits is reflective of a range of those available and may not apply to all employees.