Store Manager - Akron, OH
- Department: Stores
Living Our Values
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why; we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates, and partners. We care, we connect, we listen, and we deliver.
Bring a vibe that’s uniquely you to rue and work where you love to shop! As the face of the company, you’ll put your iconic, one-of-a-kind sense of style to work representing rue21. Your love of pop culture and fashion combined with your creativity and energetic personality make the perfect combo to be an amazing leader. Have fun at work while letting your inner trend savant shine by providing customers with a top-notch shopping experience and always making our customer feel like a total VIP!
Day in the Life
- Run the sales floor like you’re the host of the party creating an energetic, fun, positive environment for customers to shop and your team to work and thrive in. Be adaptable, flexible, and willing to jump in at any part of the customer’s journey to ensure they’re having a seamless experience.
- Drive and own business results by ensuring GIFT service is being delivered to all customers. Make all business decisions by linking them to how they impact your loyal customers. Communicate results to your team and coach in the moment through celebrating and giving recognition.
- Pride yourself in creating an environment where your team feels comfortable expressing their authentic selves. Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training your diverse team is the first step to becoming the store where everyone wants to work, and all customers want to shop.
- Empower your team to make decisions so they develop into the leaders of tomorrow. Encourage, inspire, and provide feedback while they learn to be experts in their roles. Build a strong bench of future leaders through recognition and accountability to help shape the up-and-coming talent in your business.
- View your store through the eyes of the customer. Identify merchandising and replenishment opportunities while protecting a store consistent with the brand. Ensure the implementation of new floorsets, window displays, and promo setups are scheduled, planned, and executed flawlessly.
- Always think ahead by making sure you have plans in place to achieve sales goals while meeting the customer’s expectation. Writing an effective schedule, allocating payroll appropriately, and providing clear guidance is just the beginning of setting up your team for success. Utilize reporting as you plan for future business and adjust when necessary.
- Follow all policy and procedures to maintain a safe shopping experience for our customer and a work environment that is safe and open for all.
- Maintain salesfloor awareness to prevent product loss. Lead by example with a high level of integrity.
- Practice teamwork by being ready and willing to help other members of the team when they need a hand.
- Must be at least 18 years old to join the team. Leadership skills required. 2+ years of retail management experience is necessary. The Store Manager role is a salaried position scheduled at least 40 hours per week and requires open availability.
- Plan to walk and stand for up to 8 hours while helping customers find the perfect outfits for every occasion.
- Carry and lift boxes up to 40lbs filled with our newest arrivals. You’ll climb and balance on ladders, kneel, squat, and reach above the shoulders to get new merchandise ready to debut in the store.
What’s in it for you!
- Paid time off and paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Monthly bonus potential
- Fun, fast-paced work environment; working with like-minded people with same interests
- Flexible work schedule including daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
- Express individuality and embrace diversity
- 40% discount in-store and online Casual dress code
- Performance based advancement is supported and encouraged
- Easy request-off and view schedules from home via a convenient app
- Perks at Work (discounts on electronics, movie tickets, travel, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Match
Communication – Effectively communicates with supervisor as well as store team; Actively listens to understand others and ensures the message is understood; Ensures important matters are shared with all appropriate parties; Communicates in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing; Accepts and uses feedback to improve performance
Collaboration – Demonstrates the desire and ability to work cross-functionally; uses a "we" focused approach; Resolves interpersonal conflicts constructively; Appreciates and leverages the strengths of others to accomplish goals;
Listens to ideas from others and ensures all sides are heard before reaching a final decision; Proves to be an open-minded and inclusive individual
Holds Self Accountable – Holds self-accountable for measurable high quality, timely, and cost-effective results; Determines objectives, sets priorities, sees tasks through to completion; Accepts responsibility for mistakes; Complies with established priorities and company directives
Solution Oriented – Recognizes issues, considers multiple sides, determines action needed and weighs consequences before making a final decision; Follows up as necessary to ensure forward progress; Is not discouraged by difficult situations and makes informed decisions based on available information
People Centric – Exhibits strong listening skills; Has a fast paced, ever changing, people first mentality; Builds Positive working relationships with internal and external business partners
Relevant – Displays genuine excitement about increasing job knowledge; Has self-propelled interest to stay up to date/ahead of trends as it relates to their role; Is valued and respected by team
Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and goes beyond what is required to achieve goals; Seeks out new assignments to search for both professional and personal development opportunities; Performs tasks outside of area of responsibility to help the organization
Deliver – Results driven with high standards; Sets achievable goals, successfully executes, and can articulate solutions in a linear, easy to understand way; Searches for inefficiencies in processes and offers pertinent recommendations to improve
Evolve – Strives to be original through thought and ideas; Displays genuine excitement around "new"; Successfully has grown and developed in role