District Manager - MI, IN (Michigan based)
- Department: Field Management
Living Our Values
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why; we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates, and partners. We care, we connect, we listen, and we deliver.
The District Manger contributes to rue21’s results by inspiring a team of Store Managers to take ownership of their store’s performance and foster a customer first attitude. By staying up to date/ahead of market trends in their area and observing competitor and customer patterns, they are results oriented and customer focused. They use business KPI performance as a measure for the decisions they make. Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
The District Manager is based in the Grand Rapids, MI market.
Day in the Life
- Stays ahead of competitor promotions, as well as business and market trends in their area. Makes merchant minded decisions with a laser focus on the customer. Drives sales and revenue in their stores by teaching and training their team to build client relationships that promote suggestive selling techniques. Naturally helpful and often makes themselves accessible to others around them.
- Clearly communicates goals and results to all associates. Motivated and has a high sense of urgency. Shows comfort in ambiguous situations because of willingness to take risks to achieve results. Displays a sense of pride by being a catalyst to change.
- Genuine excitement about increasing trend and fashion knowledge as it pertains to the customers in their market. Demonstrates acquired product knowledge through a strong point of view on visual presentations and merchandise standards. Stays up to date on the most current fashion trends and evolves with them as they change. Knows their competitors and has a strong understanding of what is current in their stores.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing with all associates, peers, supervisors, and the Support Center. Focuses on results. Conducts store visits to ensure compliance. Trains and provides feedback on store operations. Communicates in a clear and professional manner designed to educate, inspire, and motivate all store level personnel. Recruits, develops, and retains qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. 4-5 years multi-store retail management experience required. Minimum 7-8 years retail management experience with proven results required.
- DM’s are required to travel extensively from store to store (up to 90%) within a given geographic area. Must have the ability and willingness to travel overnight for training and/or business meetings. Must have the ability to work varying days and hours, based on business needs. Must be able to legally drive a vehicle.
- Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it. Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills. Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills. Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Plan to walk and stand for up to 8 hours, carry and lift boxes up to 40lbs, and climb and balance on ladders.
What’s in it for you!
• Paid time off and paid Holidays
• Health Insurance
• Monthly bonus potential
• Fun, fast-paced work environment; working with like-minded people with same interests
• Flexible work schedule including daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
• Express individuality and embrace diversity
• 40% discount in-store and online
• Casual dress code
• Energetic and Innovative Culture; Inclusion is in our DNA and we recognize everyone’s unique story they have to tell
• Performance based advancement is supported and encouraged
• Perks at Work (discounts on electronics, movie tickets, travel, etc.)
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401K Match
Communication – Effectively communicates with supervisor as well as store team; Actively listens to understand others and ensures the message is understood; Ensures important matters are shared with all appropriate parties; Communicates in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing; Accepts and uses feedback to improve performance
Collaboration – Demonstrates the desire and ability to work cross-functionally; uses a "we" focused approach; Resolves interpersonal conflicts constructively; Appreciates and leverages the strengths of others to accomplish goals;
Listens to ideas from others and ensures all sides are heard before reaching a final decision; Proves to be an open-minded and inclusive individual
Holds Self Accountable – Holds self-accountable for measurable high quality, timely, and cost-effective results; Determines objectives, sets priorities, sees tasks through to completion; Accepts responsibility for mistakes; Complies with established priorities and company directives
Solution Oriented – Recognizes issues, considers multiple sides, determines action needed and weighs consequences before making a final decision; Follows up as necessary to ensure forward progress; Is not discouraged by difficult situations and makes informed decisions based on available information
People Centric – Exhibits strong listening skills; Has a fast paced, ever changing, people first mentality; Builds Positive working relationships with internal and external business partners
Relevant – Displays genuine excitement about increasing job knowledge; Has self-propelled interest to stay up to date/ahead of trends as it relates to their role; Is valued and respected by team
Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and goes beyond what is required to achieve goals; Seeks out new assignments to search for both professional and personal development opportunities; Performs tasks outside of area of responsibility to help the organization
Deliver – Results driven with high standards; Sets achievable goals, successfully executes, and can articulate solutions in a linear, easy to understand way; Searches for inefficiencies in processes and offers pertinent recommendations to improve
Evolve – Strives to be original through thought and ideas; Displays genuine excitement around "new"; Successfully has grown and developed in role